Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2004, 10:12 AM   #1
Stockholm Syndrome
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just noticed that my character, a Chaotic Neutral half-elf, has changed into a Neutral Evil one. Could the Hell trials have affected my PC's alignment?...'cause he aint that bad a guy...seriously...
Old 09-30-2004, 11:26 AM   #2
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

I don't know, i always thought that alignment changes in BG2 are impossible. Maybe it's a bug...
Old 09-30-2004, 11:38 AM   #3
Neomi
Zhentarim Guard

Nope, it's definitely possible to change your alignment due to the choices you made at the end of SOA. What's annoying is that any single "evil" choice changes your alignment to "neutral evil" if you were of a previously non-evil alignment.

It would seem to me that you could put values on each of the tasks such that if you only did one task in an "evil" manner you might not change to evil but rather to neutral. The other aspect of the alignment change is the law-chaos axis. Some of the choices could be framed as more lawful or more chaotic and therefore allow changing from Lawful Good to Chaotic Good (still a problem for a Paladin) or from Neutral Good to Chaotic Neutral, etc. It might get a little complicated but it makes more sense to me than always changing to Neutral Evil.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:04 PM   #4
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I played a ranger through the game, and was curious what the cloak of nymphs done, so I accepted it and it turned me to chaotic evil, and a Fallen Ranger, not good.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:14 PM   #5
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

You can regain your class after you do the Ranger Stronghold.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:01 PM   #6
Stockholm Syndrome
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, i must say that i am guilty of some of the evil acts; Turn into the slayer for Sarevok, kill the dragon, used Blackrazor to kill the djinni, and condem my companion halfway before i chose the other path...
At least it's not a total loss. From the start of this run i had the idea in my head that my character will slowly gets corrupted by the Bhaal-taint running in his blood. Mhuwhahaha! Soon he will be death incarnate!...
But do know this, everyday, old ladies and schrubbery's alike will be violated, and entire gardens will get victimized by he, who would see our civilisation overtaken by weeds, underbrush and old men! Who is to be blamed?! Who really is the root of our society's inpending spiral into a suicidal implosion?! Why, its my PC of course!
Old 09-30-2004, 03:47 PM   #7
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

[img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img] SOME EVIL ACTS? Those are nearly all of the Hell tests.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:22 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The Hell Trials (or, more specifically, the alignment changes therein) are notoriously poorly thought-out. I strongly recommend the Revised Hell Trials mod, you can find the link to it in either the FAQ thread or the other main sticky thread at the top of the SoA forum. Revised Hell Trials adds a third path (Neutral) for each of the five tests, tallies up how many Good, Neutral and Evil paths you took, and adjusts your Alignment accordingly. Even Evil characters can become Good if they took more Good paths. (The mod does not affect the Law-Chaos axis, only Good-Evil.)

Quote:
Originally posted by Moon-Child_Lman:
You can regain your class after you do the Ranger Stronghold.
How the heck is he going to do the Ranger Stronghold after Hell?
Old 10-01-2004, 01:50 AM   #9
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

He's gonna import his character into a new game and start the game again.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:09 AM   #10
Stockholm Syndrome
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ehm...i don't want to spoil the moment for you two, but my character is a Bard...