Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2001, 01:16 AM   #11
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

what i'm thinking is i'll get a kensai with profiency in two handed swords but what i want to know is do they suffer through dual class? i mean what abilities do kensais gain through levels that would be lost through the dual class process. If there are none i would be stupid not to dual with a mage I think. Then i will add my sixth char as a swashbuckler (gain +++++ in melee) and give him two katanas (katanas because of their wicked damage). This would be really effective as a theif (i don't have one in my party).

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness. I'm also an ice cream man!

[]####[]::::::>
Old 05-26-2001, 02:57 AM   #12
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

a kensi dualed at lvl 9 will have the main abilities of a kensi (hit points, mad weapon skills) and will allow you to achive lvl 17 mage if you have the experiance cap. if you have removed the experiance cap dual at 12.
incase you havent experimented with dualing yet.
you will not beable to use the kensi abilities or weapons once you dual until your second class reaches a level greater than you dualed at.
lvl 9 kensi will regain abilities when you hit level 8 mage
lvl 12 kensi, level 13 mage.
good plan.
and go with the swashbucker too. good tank. you'll have 4 tanks
and one will have spell casting

------------------

Lord of the Screen Shot
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 05-26-2001, 02:58 AM   #13
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackAssassin:
what i'm thinking is i'll get a kensai with profiency in two handed swords but what i want to know is do they suffer through dual class? i mean what abilities do kensais gain through levels that would be lost through the dual class process. If there are none i would be stupid not to dual with a mage I think. Then i will add my sixth char as a swashbuckler (gain +++++ in melee) and give him two katanas (katanas because of their wicked damage). This would be really effective as a theif (i don't have one in my party).

For your kensai, or any other character that you plan to dual from, will loose his kensai special abilities (e.g. kai for kensai, enrage for berserker) UNTIL the 2nd class exceed the the 1st class by at least 1 level, which is when the dual process is completed. Your THAC0 will also change back into the original kensai's level THAC0 once the dualing is complete. Hitpoints will only be gained from level ups AFTER the dual class process is completed. Depending on what class you choose to dual to, additional weapon/armor/item restrictions might apply (e.g. weapon choices is limited when a fighter dual to a cleric, see Anomen, or you cannot wear most armors when casting spells for fighter/mages).

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!