Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2004, 04:54 AM   #1
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

I was in Nottingham over the weekend seeing friends and, on the way back, thought about a Robin Hood party (I know, get a life).

What I've got so far is (all Human of course):

Robin Hood, Ranger (probably just go with combat?)

Little John, Fighter (Staff of Doom?)

Alan A'Dale, Bard

Friar Tuck, Priest (he didn't use magic but will stretch the imagination and use it. With my 3 Gadgeteer Party am missing the Portal spell, sorry Variol!).

I could go with this foursome I suppose as the only other one I could think of is Will Scarlett. But what profession would he be? Fighter?

Anybody I've forgotten? Thought about Maid Marian but will just go with the boys I think.

Or, just go with these five perhaps?

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 06:09 AM   #2
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I would also go with... get a life, ha ha ha
Old 08-16-2004, 06:48 AM   #3
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I was thinking of the same thing for a DnD party. You have remember though that you're not just fighting other humans!
Old 08-16-2004, 08:47 AM   #4
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

Yeah I know, Variol. I also would have role-played but not brave enough to play Tuck as a non-magic Priest, although it would be a challenge! Nah, still playing 3 Gadgies with no Portal as you know so don't fancy another party with no Portal spell.

Haven't really gone for a straight out melee party before and this may be the party to do it. If I include Will Scarlett, that's another fighter to the mix. Two Fighters, Ranger, Bard and Priest, not to shabby.

I'll wait to see if anyone else has any comments before starting the party.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:10 AM   #5
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

It would be hard work. Such a party ( if you truly don't use magic with the priest and ranger) will die often. I played such a pary of 6 (with Gadgy) on normal earlier. They won, but your party'll have more problems.

IMO you must play very careful. Only Armorplate and Missile Shield scrolls, no x-ray, no money and no stealth. And the bard with lockpicking.

It's a great challenge, I think.

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]

Edit:

I suggest to add Madras later ( or a Gadgeteer ) . He must not learn Modern Weapon but a second Heal All and of cours Armorplate and X-Ray and a Lockpick-Bonus at the start would make life easier.

[ 08-16-2004, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Loudhy ]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:51 AM   #6
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I would go ahead and use the magic. Robin didn't have to fight magic users but you will. Not having the mage or psy spells will be bad enough, IMO.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:07 AM   #7
Target
Red Dragon

I thought Will Scarlet was the ‘Bard’ guess the minds going, as they ‘Rob from the Rich to give to the Poor’ you could use Will as a Rogue for the Robbingness.
If using Tuck as a non-magic priest is not for you, why not a monk, they are religious and the good frira is a monk.
Robin is of noble birth so would also make a good Lord, but Ranger is better for this.
Also if you fancy going the Hollywood route, as in Prince of thieves you could throw in Morgan Freemans as a Samurai.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 12:16 PM   #8
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

Looked Friar up in a dictionary and it said a member of one of the mendicant monastic orders of the Roman Catholic Church, such as Franciscans, Dominicans, Carmelites and Augustinians.

So a monk could do! Thanks Target.

Ziggurat, I agree. With my 3 Gadgie party I'm really missing the buff spells, particularly Missile Sheild. Didn't realise how deadly various seekers and slimes could be! I won't even mention those Death thingy apuses. I've got some Missile Shield scrolls but am saving those for the Rapax.

Loudhy, I agree. I think I will have to bite the bullet and have some magic with Tuck and Robin. Perhaps defensive/buff only?

Bard can contribute Magic Screen and Soul Shield though if I speak to Saxx nicely (heh heh).

Don't fancy any RPCs if I can help it. Can't imagine Robin with a Triple Xbow but I'm bending my own rules so who knows?
Old 08-16-2004, 05:58 PM   #9
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Guys, you're wrong! You don't need those buff spells. My 3 fighter party kicked some serious butt! And now I have just 2 Ninja who also kick some serious butt. The fighters may be an exception because they have lots o' hit points, but the 2 Ninja never have any buff spells. You do have to pick your fights a bit but that's it.
And if you really miss telep give 'em a lvl of magic and use the editor for telep only. All this will do is save you some time, but I wouldn't call it cheating.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:57 PM   #10
Fiend of the 9 Worlds
The Magister

For me, the spells curing some serious conditions are even more needed then those buffs... but scrolls, potions etc. can take care of this...
Fiend of the 9 Worlds is offline   Reply With Quote