Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2004, 09:03 AM   #1
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I still can't believe what i whitnessed last night. The game should have been over, and the series would have shifted to the Motorcity with a 2-0 series lead for the Pistons. Less than 20 seconds on the clock, a 3 point Pistons lead, this should have been a classic moment for a Hack-a-Shaq, or something in that line. It was pretty obvious that the Lakers were going to Bryant for the last shot, so all they needed to do was grab his arm, his jersey, hell.... even pull down his pants for all i care, but definitely not let him take a threepoint shot. Everyone who ever walked down a basketballcourt knows what to do in such a situation, but Larry Brown and his team apparently forgot that last night. Kobe even had a few seconds to look for the right angle, and dropped the big one right in the face of Rip Hamilton, un-effin-believable !!!

What a shock that would have been. I enjoyed watching Rasheed thrashing Malone, Billups making Payton look REALLY bad, and the intensity that Ben shows when he goes up for a rebound, but this should NOT have happened. I'm afraid that somehow the Lakers will use this to their advantage in the rest of the series, they're always so damn lucky.

I just hope that the Pistons keep playing with the same defensive intensity in the remaining games, and we should see one hell of a series. I haven't seen such a well balanced defence since the Bulls of Jordan-Pippen-Rodman. For the first time in a long period, an eastern conference team doesn't look completely helpless against the big guns from the west.

KEEP IT UP DETROIT !!!
Old 06-09-2004, 11:55 AM   #2
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Am Detroit all the way.

I thought they had game 2... they all got demoralized by Kobe... enough said.

Oh well... it's going to be a great series at the very least.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:47 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Go Lakerss!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Kobe was in top form. I hope he produces the same thing again.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:26 AM   #4
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I'm afraid that somehow the Lakers will use this to their advantage in the rest of the series, they're always so damn lucky.
Like the saying goes sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. But damn, they're good too.

I wish I could have finished watching the game. I had to leave for work with four minutes left in regulation. Sounded like a classic ending that we'll be watching for years to come, just like the Jordan shot over Craig Ehlo, or the one over Bryan Russell or the...etc.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:32 AM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
They're not THAT good, luck is a bigger factor for this tean than ever. Remember that impossible shot from Fisher in game 5 against San Antonio with 0.4 seconds left on the clock ? He'll probably never ever in his lifetime make another shot like that, but this year everything seems to go their way. If San Antonio would have won that game like they should, it would have been 3-2 Spurs, and it would have been highly unlikely that the lakers would have advanced.

This was another one of those lucky moments, although i'd prefer to call it Pistons ignorance. If they simply would have made a foul on Shaq, they would have had a 2-0 series lead.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:52 AM   #6
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

or hamilton could have been a little more aggressive. he didn't really defend kobe.. too scared to to foul him... they had the game. the mere fact that they did... that is something.

i want malone and payton to get their rings... but hey.. the way they did it... by going to the lakers... no way.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:59 AM   #7
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

Not THAT good? I guess they would need five "top 50 of all time" players instead of four to be considered THAT good.

What I don't understand is Phil J's use of players. If Luke Walton and Kareem Rush are good enough to play a certain amount of minutes in one game, why do they not even get to play in some games?
Old 06-10-2004, 07:03 AM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
or hamilton could have been a little more aggressive. he didn't really defend kobe.. too scared to to foul him... they had the game. the mere fact that they did... that is something.

i want malone and payton to get their rings... but hey.. the way they did it... by going to the lakers... no way.
Exactly. I have nothing against Karl or Gary, but they both had their shots on a ring in their glorydays, and they failed. Now they're nothing but parasites on the back of Shaquille o'Neil, and want a free ride to the title. I SO hope they fail this time too. The fact that i don't like the Lakers has nothing to do with that, honestly.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:22 AM   #9
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yeah... because of Jordan... tsktsk Jordan just ruined the careers of a lot of legendary players... tsktsktsk
Old 06-10-2004, 11:58 PM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
2-1 Pistons, they really made the lakers look bad this time. Another defensive masterpiece. What a bummer that they gave game 2 away, they would have been 1 game away from a finals sweep.