Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2002, 05:46 PM   #21
Mojo
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Originally posted by Mojo:
I notice no-one has mentioned the social implications of men wearing make up...huh? huh?
LOL! Well now you have
Coincidentally I just read an article about how there are more and more cosmetic products for men being introduced to the market. Stuff like skin creams, special after shave balm and stuff like that. The article spoke of a tendency for men to care more about their appearance and have more interest in cosmetic products. Not too sure about that - what do the IW men have to say for themselves?
I used to know some guys who wore eyeliner or nailpolish sometimes... can I just say *ick* - NOT what I find attractive in a man! ROFLMAO!
[/QUOTE]lol, u can't just go proving me wrong like that! Besides, skin cream and aftershave balm don't count as make up [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

And btw, I happen to wear eyeliner and nail varnish (although it must be said that it's not pink). you can "ick" all u like, but I don't care [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2002, 05:52 PM   #22
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I think it's a shame makeup for men is so taboo. I mean they don't really need to go the mascara and blush and all that. But some men have bad skin, they'd probably appreciate being able to use some concealer or foundation. I've seen articles too about men's beauty products. Lots of stuff to buy. I guess the cosmetic companies realised they only had 50% of the market
Old 09-08-2002, 06:28 PM   #23
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I never put on any make up, and people don't seem to hold that against me. but if they do, i'll smack em in the head with my handbag.
Old 09-08-2002, 06:39 PM   #24
Melusine
Dracolisk

[quote]Originally posted by Mojo:
Quote:

And btw, I happen to wear eyeliner and nail varnish (although it must be said that it's not pink). you can "ick" all u like, but I don't care [img]tongue.gif[/img]
LOL, hey whatever rocks your boat!
I'm sure it looks nice on ya!
Actually I did know a few guys on whom it looked decent enough. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2002, 06:41 PM   #25
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Originally posted by Mojo:
Quote:

LOL, hey whatever rocks your boat!
I'm sure it looks nice on ya!
Actually I did know a few guys on whom it looked decent enough. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yeah, Gene Simmons.
Old 09-08-2002, 06:47 PM   #26
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Yeah, Gene Simmons.
No, the only thing that looks good on him is that tongue of his [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 09-08-2002, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 09-08-2002, 06:53 PM   #27
AliCat
Drow Warrior

Moni,
I've lived in New Jersey, South Dakota, England (Brighton and Buckingham), Massachusetts, Tennessee, and now Virginia, and I can't really say that one area was vastly different than another regarding makeup. I rarely pay attention, as I never wear any, and I don't much care if someone else is. I think it has more to do with your self-image than anything. Might be handy if you are man-hunting or something, I suppose.

I think in this area it's a bit of a generational thing -- the ladies over 50 or so seem to feel undressed if they don't at least have lipstick on. We used to joke at the hospital that a patient was ready to go home if she was putting her makeup on -- the "lipstick sign" -- there was even one doctor that would document that in the chart!

I never wear makeup, feel false with it on, and I think there are a heck of a lot of people in this world who look really stupid with it on, including some who obviously use it to enhance their professional image (and to me, lay it on a bit thick). To my knowledge, nobody around seems to care about me wearing makeup or not. As for clothing, I mostly don't care what people think, as there's always some redneck around here dressed worse. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Basically, if you're going to judge me on the state of what clothes or makeup I'm wearing, you need to get a life. I've already got one.
Old 09-08-2002, 07:37 PM   #28
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I never put on any make up, and people don't seem to hold that against me. but if they do, i'll smack em in the head with my handbag.
[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Well, sweety, as long as your handbag matches your shoes, I won't be one to complain. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I like the turn this thread has taken LOL. Some of the goth guys I go to school with wear make-up and it doesn't look bad on any of them but for the one guy who wears yellow eyeshadow and blue lipstick, its just a bit ghoulish with the pale powdered look he has for my personal tastes. I don't think I could converse with him without having the same expression on my face as my current avatar LOL but that's obviously my problem. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2002, 07:40 PM   #29
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by AliCat:
To my knowledge, nobody around seems to care about me wearing makeup or not. [img]smile.gif[/img]
That's pretty much how it was in Tucson...people are let to be themselves and judged (for the most part) on their character, not on their looks. Texas could use to learn a few things about the new world lol...this state is just too big to be so backward. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2002, 09:01 PM   #30
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I put a lotion on after I shave. Is that "make-up?" I think a lot of it is fashion, and how much you are into it. I for one certainly appreciate that Galadria puts into looking good. But, as Melusine says, whatever floats your boat.

[ 09-08-2002, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]