Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2002, 02:25 PM   #11
ace_logan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Micah,
We're currently in the process of figuring it all out. Today I am sending her a couple savegames (one with the druid, and one without) to see if the problem exists there.
I had created a new druid character and played a bit with him, but ran into the same problem once he aquired enough XP to level up.
So rachel suggested I "Start a new game, and make sure you have a druid in the party (but not that same druid). Then use the experience cheat to level up your party, level by level. Go as far as it will let you. This should verify if there is a problem with your game files, or just the saved game itself" I sent her a previous saved game with the origional Druid, but she was unable to even load it properly without a crash.
So we'll see what's what soon, i hope.
-Logan
Old 06-04-2002, 02:56 PM   #12
Azred
Drow Priestess

ace_logan, would you mind terribly sending me a copy of either that exported druid character file or a saved game? I'd like to take a look, as well. e-mail is found through the little profile icon, of course. Thanks! [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 11:48 AM   #13
ace_logan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

sure thing, sent two savegames; one with the druid and one without. let me know how it goes.
-Logan
Old 06-09-2002, 10:08 AM   #14
Azred
Drow Priestess

Well, I checked out the saved game with the cleric. After dumping all inventory and innate spells through DaleKeeper, attempting to load the game crashed my IWD. I reset everything I could through the editor but the game still crashes. Creating the character from scratch results in nothing out of the ordinary. Which voice set did you select for the character?

Conclusion: there is something corrupt in the character file, because when I create the character from scratch everything is fine.

Recommendation: recreate the character, then import the new one into the game.

Good luck! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote