Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2001, 04:25 PM   #11
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

ZEEK !!!!

Since I'm not a nice guy, your post scared me a little...

but, I figure since mean guys don't finish last either, maybe my life may work out...

Congrats!!! and may your life be full, may the joy and peace you seek find you and yours...

------------------

The RudeDawg, known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
"Let them come, Let them ALL come."

-"Ender says, 'The enemy is down.' "
Old 06-28-2001, 06:14 PM   #12
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well as a nice wolf that has finished last over many finishlines I can only tell you this, it sux to be good, but I be damned if I lower my standards cause than I would kill the little that is I..

Now guess why I howl in the dark! Now guess why I snarl with my back against the wall... I know I´m finished yet I been goodm yet I feel that nothing is good enough, but yet I howl to send darkness and light running, yet I stand, even though I bleed greatly. Wondering if the wounds have made me, or if I have made the wounds..

HooOOooOOOOWL!!!
By the way Rudy! Love your new sig! Hehe Join the howlers!!!

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 06-28-2001, 11:05 PM   #13
Charean
Hathor

Well, Zeeke - hearing about this from the start really was interesting. From the beginning you made your rules and stuck by them. You carried on as honorably as Sir Galahad.. and never once crossed the line. This whole thing has been a study in self control.

Knowing you as well as I do... I know that things are going to work out for you. I am glad you shared your story with the board (he has been a busy bee, ya know) and that someone else may have hope that things will work out.

All I want is an invitation to the wedding.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
You are what your deep driving desire is; As your deep driving desire is, so is your will; As your will is so is your deed; As your deed is so is your destiny.
The Upanishads
Old 06-28-2001, 11:41 PM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Zeeke

I am so happy for you and the current state of things! I wish you all the best in the days to come! It sounds like things may just work out for the best and you'll be part of them! Giving her time is a very smart thing to do. That way you'll know she's had time to cope with her break up and the new situation. Good for you! And God Bless!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 06-29-2001, 02:09 AM   #15
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Its a sweet story, if only that girl's boyfriend in the story did'nt sound like me
No relation to Zeeke's story of course, but sometimes stuff like that happens (actually all the time) and I always feel I'm on the losing end of the deal..no matter where I am.

------------------
Why?
Old 06-29-2001, 03:53 AM   #16
Lord Shield

Unfortunately, Lifetime, it depends as much on the girl too. Some girls I've been out with you couldn't win no matter what you did.
Here are my tenets for wannabe ladykillers :
Don't give up, but don't pester a girl who has said no
Never date your best friend's sister
Don't act without thinking (can't be kept up forever but may give you leeway if you cock up somehow)
Don't OWN them - they own themselves
Don't swamp them - giving chocs AND flowers AND pressies on a first date will scare them off
Don't automatically think marriage just because you had a good bonk - a good bonk is a good bonk, not a wedding ring
Yes, they recognise flattery for what it is. Doesn't mean they don't want it though - just don't be too corny
Hope this helps you guys

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-29-2001, 01:13 PM   #17
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Well, I thought I might fill everyone in on last night's episode....

I'm not going to go into a lot of detail, 'cause there was a lot said, and it's pretty personal, so I'm gonna just do a summary...

I went over to her house to help her get settled in, and ended up being there for a lot longer that I had expected. Some friends of hers came over, and we ended up playing cards for awhile, then she didn't want to be alone, so I stuck around after they left to try to help her be more comfortable.

We ended up talking about a lot of things, and one of those is that we both think we've found our soul-mate. Man, so much happened last night, it's hard to give a good summary. Anyway, the end result is really all that counts...

She finally got settled down a little bit, started to get tired. Then, the most amazing night I've had got even better.....she fell asleep in my arms!!!!! We slept on her couch all night, and she told me this morning that she slept better than she had in a really long time. *sigh*

Anyway, things are still a little up in the air at the moment as far as where we're really at, but that's ok. I'm still wanting to take it slow, and just let it happen as it needs to.

------------------

Always listen to your heart, for it will never lead you astray.
All bow and cower before the Triumvirate!!!
Old 06-29-2001, 01:28 PM   #18
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeeke75:
She finally got settled down a little bit, started to get tired. Then, the most amazing night I've had got even better.....she fell asleep in my arms!!!!! We slept on her couch all night, and she told me this morning that she slept better than she had in a really long time. *sigh*

Anyway, things are still a little up in the air at the moment as far as where we're really at, but that's ok. I'm still wanting to take it slow, and just let it happen as it needs to.
*swoon* Man, that must have felt wonderful. I can only hope my fortune in my endeavor is as successful as yours. Congratulations my friend
Old 06-29-2001, 03:24 PM   #19
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Waluin:
*swoon* Man, that must have felt wonderful. I can only hope my fortune in my endeavor is as successful as yours. Congratulations my friend
Man, it was a feeling like I've never had. I felt complete. Absolutely, totally complete. Nothing could have brought me down or upset me. And she told me that she felt the same way. Brought tears to my eyes when she said that. *Sigh* I really hope yours turns out this way, this is the most wonderful feeling in the world.

------------------

Always listen to your heart, for it will never lead you astray.
All bow and cower before the Triumvirate!!!