Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2003, 01:10 AM   #1
Faceman
Hathor

Just noticed the strangest thing when I was folling around with new characters.
I always thought that when dual-classing you always keep the first class paperdoll (I mostly dual fighter->...) but I recently noticed that when dual-classing a human mage->fighter the doll will change as well. Now where else does this occur. Is Nalia's doll (mage although dualled from thief) maybe correct? And why does it occur? Is it because the mage doll can't handle some animations (Two Handed sword for example) or is it something else?
Old 09-06-2003, 01:55 AM   #2
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

It's because of armor. I believe there is a certain order in which paperdoll you get. First there is fighter, everything you dual from or to fighter, gets the fighter doll, then there is cleric, everything you dual to and from cleric gets the cleric paper doll, except for the fighter classes, which take dominance, then there is the thief doll, that one goes the same, except it is dominated by cleric AND fighter, and the mage doll is dominated by all.

Furthermore, you can just alter your appearance by SK, i don't think anyone could consider this cheating, since it doesn't make you any more powerful. And often the mage dolls will just look cooler cause most mages won't wear more than robes. Also, I found that the elven cleric doll has a much cooler plate armor look than the elven fighter. But that is my opinion

[ 09-06-2003, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: JrKASperov ]
Old 09-06-2003, 01:58 AM   #3
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

As far as I can tell, the avatar is of the first class in the equivalent multiclass. A thief=>cleric will have a cleric avatar because the actual name of the multiclass is cleric/thief (in that order). That's why the vast majority of dual-classes have fighter avatars.

I do know that the mage avatar is by far the coolest. I always SK my fighter/mages and Nalia and Imoen to the mage avatar.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:28 AM   #4
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
As far as I can tell, the avatar is of the first class in the equivalent multiclass. A thief=>cleric will have a cleric avatar because the actual name of the multiclass is cleric/thief (in that order). That's why the vast majority of dual-classes have fighter avatars.

I do know that the mage avatar is by far the coolest. I always SK my fighter/mages and Nalia and Imoen to the mage avatar.
LoL! I do that too! My Kensai/Mage is always an elven mage. It's just plain awesome to see an elven mage dual-wielding CFury and Sanchudokuu while wearing the RoV!
Old 09-06-2003, 05:22 AM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

It is all great and all,but why does a Half Orc have a human avatar? Or Minscs` avatar hair? He is bald for Boo`s sake.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 06:32 AM   #6
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

It all seems to be a question on cutting development time to meet the deadline.

Actually I find it much worse that there is no female dwarf/gnome avatars.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:54 PM   #7
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

And on a side-note: the paper-dolls are ugly!! Shame on you BIS!

I would never want to romance any lady with such a hideous smurk on her wrinkled face