Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2002, 02:22 PM   #31
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by magnetism:
The qualities we can pin to Bush are ignorance and hipocracy.

His parents know he is a dip shit, and have said so.

Is that a technical term? Just exactly in what media did his parents deem to call their son a "dip shit"? Do you have an approximate date so that I may look this condemnation of their son up, with a LexisNexis search?

Though to his credit he really wants those kids to "git edjumicated."
Daddy Bush is likly mortified each and every time his yahoo son appears on t.v.
for fear he will further sully the image of his familly.
Ok so you spoke your opinion. Please sir, now provide some documentation or proof, some objective measure by which you condemn this man to "dipshit level". I would also hope that you do not consider his lack of public speaking skills a sign of low intelligence or lack of wit since some of this country's most brilliant men have been lousey speakers. Thomas Jefferson wrote some of the most eloquent documents in the history of this country but almost never presented them, he would always insist that his friend James Maddison read them in public...jus as one example. I can provide two examples that George W. Bush is not dim, nor slow witted, but since you threw down the first slander, I will pernmit you the chance of first proof.

Old 10-01-2002, 02:23 PM   #32
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Well, so much for "we all respect each other on this forum." Timber Loftis, this is not aimed at you. That lsat post is so full of ..., oh, never mind.
Old 10-01-2002, 02:24 PM   #33
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
quote:
Men were always having torrid affairs even when they did not talk about it on Oppra.

Live your life by your own rules and stay the @#$$ out of everyone elses business.

The maxim is "Cultivate your garden" not "criticize your neighbors garden."
I agree, especially with the second quote. Question regarding these "nuclear" family values. I know some couples where "cheating" is okay. For whatever reason, the two people are not possessive of each other in that way. I'll admit I don't comprehend it, but sometimes I wonder if maybe I'm more a slave to my insecurities than these folks. I'm talking about long relationships and marriages here where the partners simply are not hung up on the issue of monogamy. Where do these people fall on the moral scale? I certainly must say that on mine they rate a lot better than the a church-going mysogenist who, through coercion or manipulation but not physical force, keeps his wife from getting a job, going out alone, having guy friends, or simply being herself.[/QUOTE]I have also wondered about the "open marriages" of people I have known down through the years, most of them eventually broke up, but there have been one or two that are now going on over 25 years of marriage...Not sure I could lead that lifestyle.

Old 10-01-2002, 02:26 PM   #34
MagiK

Quote:
Men were always having torrid affairs even when they did not talk about it on Oppra.

Pretty broad brush you paint us all with there guy. I personally never had an affair on my wife. Can't speak for anyone else, but I actually believe in the Vows I took, and also believe in fidelity, honor, and love.

Live your life by your own rules and stay the @#$$ out of everyone elses business.

The maxim is "Cultivate your garden" not "criticize your neighbors garden."
[ 10-01-2002, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 10-01-2002, 02:34 PM   #35
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MagiK:
[QB][QUOTE]Originally posted by magnetism:
[qb]The qualities we can pin to Bush are ignorance and hipocracy.

Is that a technical term? Just exactly in what media did his parents deem to call their son a "dip shit"? Do you have an approximate date so that I may look this condemnation of their son up, with a LexisNexis search?

Actually, it's from the latin "dippus shiternae" meaning "to look like a big-eared monkey." Sorry, just couldn't resist.
Old 10-01-2002, 02:42 PM   #36
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

MagiK:
Regarding your Harken facts & Figs, you may be right. I got my info from the NY Times in an article a couple of weeks ago. I distinctly remember thinking "oh, that's why it looked so bad." However, I cannot attest to the veracity of the NY Times, and I can only attest to the accuracy of my memory as far back as my most recently-deceased brain cell.

I must point out, though, that Bush, a member of Harken's management, could have known of impending stock problems based on facts he was privy to months before the public knew.
Old 10-01-2002, 03:47 PM   #37
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
MagiK:
Regarding your Harken facts & Figs, you may be right. I got my info from the NY Times in an article a couple of weeks ago. I distinctly remember thinking "oh, that's why it looked so bad." However, I cannot attest to the veracity of the NY Times, and I can only attest to the accuracy of my memory as far back as my most recently-deceased brain cell.

I must point out, though, that Bush, a member of Harken's management, could have known of impending stock problems based on facts he was privy to months before the public knew.
You are right, you never know who knew what when, but if you go around assuming everyone is cheating and lying and screwing over their neighbor, then you cannot fault a single individual for being like all the rest. I don't see Bush as a saint, but I don't believe that he is all that bad either. I certainly do not believe that he is a puppet of the "trilateral comission"

The Stock numbers I only remember because as soon as it was released that the company didn't fail for quite a while after he sold his shares that all of a sudden..the story died. Even the release of the SEC investigation results didn't kill the story till they found out that he didn't make the killing he could have if he were going to play the system.

I like your etymology [img]smile.gif[/img] I thought it might be more along the lines of "Dipus Shitus" though

Old 10-01-2002, 04:06 PM   #38
magnetism
Manshoon

[quote]Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MagiK:
[QB]
Quote:
[qb]The qualities we can pin to Bush are ignorance and hipocracy.

No but it is a term I would expect a G.W. Bush supporting, right wing, reactionanry to understand.

And actually doubaya's mother was shocked to learn the son who was nominated as the Republican candidate was George. (take this as hearsay as I cannot cite the reference.)

Actually, it's from the latin "dippus shiternae" meaning "to look like a big-eared monkey." Sorry, just couldn't resist.
If you are really concerned with your wife as a woman it should be impossible to stand behind his mysoginistic highness.

And lastly I did not say "all men have been", I said "men have been". The same as women have been. Since the dawn of time.

Read:
CONCERN YOURSELF WITH YOURSELF: IF YOUR MORALITY NEEDS LEADERSHIP YOU ARE A WEEK MINDED SHEEP.

IF YOU LIVE WITHIN THE MORAL BORDERS YOU DEEM ACCEPTABLE SO BE IT, IF NOT CHANGE. IF YOU CAN'T CHANGE WITHOUT SOME DEMAGOG TO HOLD YOUR HAND DON'T PROJECT YOUR WEAKNESS ON TO OTHERS LIVE WITH IT, AFTER ALL IT IS YOUR WEEKNESS.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:18 PM   #39
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

"Dipus shitus" didn't sound imaginative enough at the time though.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:22 PM   #40
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

And I like weak minded sheep. Where would the world be without 'em. Thahaaaat reaaaaally is what I waaaanted to - waaaaaiiit aaa minute, I'm ba-baaa-beeeeing ooooooone myseeeeeelf - oooohhhhh noooooo.

Really, we are all sheep. Or sheep slitters. I'm a sheep slitter who slits sheep. In fact, I'm the best sheep slitter that ever slit a sheep.
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

next time I'll put a nonsequiter warning up front [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]