Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2002, 09:24 AM   #21
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
I wasn't attempting to bash any particular style of music - I honestly have not heard a style I have not found something good in.

I'm not even against credited sampling.

I am tired of this current marketing trend though, because that's all it is, and it's a lame one at that - trying to hype very ordinary and common music industry practices by jargoning them up.

*This post was brought 2 U by L.Eon!s featuring Text and Electronics presented by Zirockstar and C.H.O.C. for Ironworks featuring INFOPOP and UBBClassic and a smiley
ROTFL! Not bad, Leonis! You should get a night job as a copy editor for the industry

I agree with you wholeheartedly about the hyping of ordinary things to 'jazz em up' or get more attention. Seems like we live in a world where anything 'ordinary' is to be avoided like the proverbial plague these days! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2002, 09:24 AM   #22
Donut
Jack Burton

ooh it's all crap these days, the only good music was made in the 60's
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-18-2002, 09:41 AM   #23
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hmm, well like some of it, and try to avoid others...

Donīt listen to Beatles or Rolling Stone nor Led Zeppelin either Melusin, so you are not alone

I like some rap, I like some 60īs like very little 70īs Like a small part of the 80īs and alot of 90īs as long as it isnīt manufactered bands or popstar wannabies or some other jox to make us pay for total crap.. Well I have the radio on here at work, but as soon as Iīm alone I let my Winamp playlist with music I like start instead...

Donīt eat the yellow snow
Old 09-18-2002, 09:53 AM   #24
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Hmm, well like some of it, and try to avoid others...

Donīt listen to Beatles or Rolling Stone nor Led Zeppelin either Melusin, so you are not alone

I like some rap, I like some 60īs like very little 70īs Like a small part of the 80īs and alot of 90īs as long as it isnīt manufactered bands or popstar wannabies or some other jox to make us pay for total crap.. Well I have the radio on here at work, but as soon as Iīm alone I let my Winamp playlist with music I like start instead...
This from the country that gave us ABBA! Sheesh! I be you like 'rock and rollmop'!

BTW - Rollmop is a kind of herring!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-18-2002, 09:56 AM   #25
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I donīt know if this make you feel better but I donīt like either ABBA nor Ace of Base

I rather listen to Frankie boy

Donīt eat the yellow snow
Old 09-18-2002, 10:03 AM   #26
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
I donīt know if this make you feel better but I donīt like either ABBA nor Ace of Base

I rather listen to Frankie boy
You old smoothie!

Yeah, I feel better now.
Old 09-18-2002, 10:55 AM   #27
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
This from the country that gave us ABBA! Sheesh! I be you like 'rock and rollmop'!

BTW - Rollmop is a kind of herring!
Nope, it's called a rolmops [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Had to get back at you for being such a cheeky git

Attalus, who said i was quoting you? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2002, 01:37 PM   #28
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Oh, just a feeling that I got ... and we all know how important it is to get in touch with our feelings. We old married men develop a 6th sense about female wrath. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2002, 01:41 PM   #29
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Oh, just a feeling that I got ... and we all know how important it is to get in touch with our feelings. We old married men develop a 6th sense about female wrath. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Baaaaah
Old 09-18-2002, 08:32 PM   #30
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Great post Mel! I feel understood...

but can anyone actually explain the
Sean Combs = Sean "Puffy" Combs = Puff Daddy = P.Diddy ??

Is there a rational explaination or do we just blame it on drugs and guns and stuff?