Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2002, 05:04 AM   #1
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Had to put the double T in the title . Now on to our story :

Australians can play cricket, rugby, and tennis, they can swim and hit a golf ball, but they just aren't in the same league as the British when it comes to playing air guitar or bog snorkelling.

Autralia had a string of dismal results in major events in Europe over the weekend, finishing without medals in the air guitar, bog snorkelling, and memory world championships.

David "Super Dave" Williams went into the air guitar championships in Finland confidently after winning the Australian title in March, but failed to finish in the top four.

England's Zac "Mr Magnet" Munro won for a second year. The crowd of 3000 lapped up Mr Magnet's performance of "Fell in Love with a Girl" by The White Stripes, while Super Dave's version of "Last Nite" by The Strokes failed to impress the judges.

Mr Williams did vow to return. "Naturally I would have liked to have won, but this has been such great fun and I am enjoying myself tremendously" he said. "I've been playing air guitar since I was a young kid, and I am not going to stop now".

Back in Britain, Welsh teenager Philip John won the bog snorkelling title in his home bog of Llanwrtyd Wells in mid-Wales. The 15 year old beat an international field of 90 snorkellers when he swam the 2 lengths of the muddy 60m bog in a time of 1 min 45 secs. Australians finished 46th and 59th.

At the World Memory Championships in London, England's Andi Bell won his first world title, and set a memory world record. Mr Bell remembered the order of 32 decks of cards in one hour, and recalled 192 words in their correct sequence in 15 mins, 156 names in 15 mins, and 50 dates in 5 mins.

Event organisers couldn't even remember the name of the Australian contestant.

What an absolute thrashing - how am I going to show my face in public again .
Old 08-29-2002, 06:02 AM   #2
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Err.... well, I always said England could beat you!!
Indeed.. how *are* you going to show your face in public ehh Davros??
Oh wait, with make-up on right? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2002, 06:35 AM   #3
Moni

Make-up LOL yeah that'd go across well with the Brits!
I was thinking more along the lines of a paper sack with eye holes cut into it.
I like the idea of the Sultan in make-up better though.
We want pics!

EDIT typing the the dark ain't easy lol

[ 08-29-2002, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 08-29-2002, 07:46 AM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well, let's see.....how about you get in real tight with some mobster... I dunno, do his books or something... then you rat on him to the feds here and we beg for the witness protection program to relocate you to some nice suburb of Oxford..... bwahahahaha!

PS: HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! extra t.....hey Donut, lucky he didn't have the 'a' to place, hmmm...? LOL

[ 08-29-2002, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 08-29-2002, 07:53 AM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Actually Cloudlet of the Silver Lining, I was lucky to get that "a" in the right place - I only caught it on the re-read for spell checking . I thought about leaving it that way, but I thought I should pay more respect to the boyz form GB after the shellacking they gave us .
Old 08-29-2002, 05:34 PM   #6
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Bow to our bog snorkells.
Old 08-30-2002, 04:42 AM   #7
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
Bow to our bog snorkells.
*snicker* that sounds a bit rude [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Sorry, I'll get my coat.
Old 08-30-2002, 05:19 AM   #8
Donut
Jack Burton

You shouldn't put yourself down Davros. Your sporting honour had been restored.

A very interesting sports competition is taking place in Australia – tuna throwing. The contestants twirl the frozen fish around above their heads (a rope is tied to fish’s tail) and then toss it far ahead vigorously. Sean Carlin, a former Olympic hammer thrower is the absolute champion in the tuna-throwing competition. His record is 37.23 meters. The organizers of the competition said they used the spoiled fish, which the stores refused to sell. Tunarama is a colourful festival, and the tuna-throwing contests attract a lot of tourists, as well as the local citizens. The festival takes place every year on January 26-27.

Mmmmmmmmm! Tunarama - you Aussies are so cultured!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 08-30-2002, 06:29 AM   #9
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Cor blimey - where did you dig that one up from .

This thread was a baited hook just waiting for a bite - nice of you to oblige with a fishy story . In defence, the only thing I can add is "those South Australians - the're a weird mob ".

What is it about Nigel and coats - cider anyone?
Old 08-30-2002, 07:05 AM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Tuna? LOLOLOL