Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2002, 04:51 PM   #11
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Wendy I'm going to have to try both of those! Yummy!!!! Ok I have a couple pork recipes, both for Boston pork butts.
1) put boston pork butt into a large cooking pot and add 2 cups of Texas Pete hot sauce(invented and made in North Carolina [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) and 2 cups of lemon juice. Add water until the meats pretty much covered and bring to boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer until the bone begins to fall out. All done! Easy and good [img]smile.gif[/img]

2)This ones for the charcoal grill, I havent tried it on a gas grill. Rub spices into a boston pork butt. Use what you like, I tend to use italian seasonings, cayenne pepper, onion salt, whatevers there lol. Get some of the little hot peppers that come in small serving bottles (Texas Pete also makes a brand of these ) and insert them in incisions you make with a long narrow knife. Do the same with garlic cut lengthwise. Throw on some marinade if you like and let it sit for a couple hours. When lighting the grill put all your charcoal towards one side (you will need a fair amount, it takes awhile) and when ready put the pork close but not over the coals. Its a big peice of meat so indirect cookings the best for this. Put the lid with the vents on the opposite side of where you put the meat on so the heated smoke will be going through it. Cook for at least 1 1/2 hours, checking often to make sure you have the lower vents set up right to keep the coals going just right. Dont turn it over anytime soon either, maybe in the last 1/2 hour of cooking, check the temp with a thermometer so you'll know when its close. Then check temp temp until done! This one takes awhile, and a lot of typing too! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2002, 04:30 AM   #12
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OMG i AM hungry i take a pice of bread and a glass of water maby that help a little. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2002, 09:23 PM   #13
Moni

LOL LoA, I know what you mean about Wendy's recipes! I had to go eat something and it still wasn't enough! I am very very tempted to make it and eat it myself in spite of the possibility of getting sick (I can't eat pork ), it just looks that good!
Thanks for the pork butt recipes! One question...is a pork butt the same as a pork roast? lol. I am ignorant of pork products these days.

Sorry it took me a couple of days to get back here but I had a problem installing some Microstuck product that compromised my registry and I had to reformat my PC and set it up again...24 hours worth of work...that sucked lol.

I forgot to mention this before ...there will be copyright issues to deal with, having these recipes online...you are welcome to give me your name to reserve your copyright of the recipes you contribute. I have already mailed myself everything of my own on the site and it is all legal with the exception of your all's recipes, which is why I say something...you don't have to put out your full legal name, like say for instance, Wendy could use her e-mail addie name but I don't know if anyone would honor anything copyrighted to "LordOfAlcohol" lol so LoA, if you want the copyright, please e-mail me and we can work something out that does not put you at any risk by being publicly posted...unless you don't mind of course.

Megabot...that is your contribution? Bread & water? Not even toast and water?!
*chuckle*
Man, I am hungry again LOL

[ 08-18-2002, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 08-18-2002, 09:35 PM   #14
Moni

Hey, this should have been bumped up right?
It is currently still on the second page after me making a new post in it.
I need Wendy & LoA to see the above info!!!

Old 08-18-2002, 10:30 PM   #15
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

LOL, that's so cool seeing my name on there with my own recipes! Well I hope it brings much pork joy to many LOL! I don't really care about the copyright stuff, that costs money and dunno, it's just a thing I came up with no big deal. Call it your own if you want Moni and copyright it under your name, I don't mind. [img]smile.gif[/img] It's really not a big deal to me LOL, I basically just take three bottles of expensive sauces and drown pork chops in them. Not much effort really

Guess now I'll have to try LofA's pork butt LOL. Oh how appetizing that sounds, pork butt.... what else could you call it though to fancy it up? pork booty? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 08-18-2002, 11:29 PM   #16
Moni

Well, I'll send a copy of yours to myself to include them in my copyright protection and transfer the extra info as I have to. No need letting someone else take credit/make money off of a recipe you created! I'll do what I have to in order to keep it yours...expensive sauces ir not, you've submitted some mouthwatering recipes, Wendy!

Yeah, LoA needs to come up with names for his goodies LOL...
"Lord of Alcohol's North Carolina Boston Pork Butt A'la Texas Pete" is a bit long [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Pork booty ROFL

Paulie's Pork Butt?

OK, there was a German man, a pork chop, and a Chinese man, sitting in a bar....the German man said to the Chinese man, "Hey! Check out that hot Pork Butt at the end of the bar!"..... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ 08-18-2002, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 08-20-2002, 05:49 AM   #17
Moni

LoA,
While you are here
Your Pork Butt needs a name [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2002, 05:21 PM   #18
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

How about Paulys Big Fat (pork)Butt! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Sorry I took so long to respond Moni!
Old 08-21-2002, 05:58 PM   #19
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

LOL, howbout Paul Buttyon's Savory Swine

Pauly do you know any rum ball recipes? You could use Lord of Alcohol then! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 08-21-2002, 06:25 PM   #20
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Sorry Wendy but I dont like rumballs [img]tongue.gif[/img] but I do usually add beer to chili!