Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2002, 03:36 PM   #11
Alexander
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
How anyone could vote for a man who was an intelligance officer in algeria is beyond me. For those who dont know thats like a french man crossed with the gestapo. He tortured people, if he can do that himself I shudder to think of the things he could order.
*cough* *cough* Ariel Sharon *cough* *cough*
Old 05-04-2002, 03:38 PM   #12
Alexander
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
the way i see it,unless your french,it's none of your business.it's for the french to decide who will lead them,not you,not me.the more foreigners protest them and the more violence the left causes,the more fuel to feed the backers of le pen.
Yeah, you know....it was none of anyone's business when Hitler was elected...
Old 05-04-2002, 03:45 PM   #13
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander:
quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
How anyone could vote for a man who was an intelligance officer in algeria is beyond me. For those who dont know thats like a french man crossed with the gestapo. He tortured people, if he can do that himself I shudder to think of the things he could order.
*cough* *cough* Ariel Sharon *cough* *cough*[/QUOTE]Well I have problems with him too.
Old 05-04-2002, 03:50 PM   #14
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I am sorry for France, they really do have a choice between bad and worse, but I'd rather choose one with a rather unstable background than a fascist like Le Pen.
Old 05-04-2002, 03:57 PM   #15
Talthyr Malkaviel

Yes Alex, he did become minister of Defence IIRC, but we can try and stop Le Pen from getting in, anyway, that is an Israeli affair and we over here didn't get a say in that did we.Otherwise he may not have, but since we are in the EU with France, this affects us a lot.

[ 05-04-2002, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Talthyr Malkaviel ]
Old 05-04-2002, 04:10 PM   #16
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
For those of you who don't know, Jean Marie Le Pen is a fascist bigot, and I'm being very polite here, but I'm sure Epona will be able to give a few good words to describe him.

LOL Talthyr, I hope you mean 'good words' as in vocabulary, rather than praise!

I know it would make me want to [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] having to vote for Chirac, but I'd do anything to get rid of Le Pen, and you're right he is a fascist. The mere sight of him makes my blood boil, and I'm not one to get really angry. Personally I'd like to line him and his nazi-loving supporters up against a wall and shoot the lot of them. Bastards.
Old 05-04-2002, 04:15 PM   #17
Talthyr Malkaviel

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
quote:
For those of you who don't know, Jean Marie Le Pen is a fascist bigot, and I'm being very polite here, but I'm sure Epona will be able to give a few good words to describe him.

LOL Talthyr, I hope you mean 'good words' as in vocabulary, rather than praise!

I know it would make me want to [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] having to vote for Chirac, but I'd do anything to get rid of Le Pen, and you're right he is a fascist. The mere sight of him makes my blood boil, and I'm not one to get really angry. Personally I'd like to line him and his nazi-loving supporters up against a wall and shoot the lot of them. Bastards.
[/QUOTE]LOL, yeah, that's what I meant.
"Bastards" Oh come on Epona,you can do better than that! (j/k)
Old 05-04-2002, 04:41 PM   #18
Epona
Zartan

Quote:

"Bastards" Oh come on Epona,you can do better than that! (j/k)
LOL yeah, I could, but this is a family forum
Old 05-04-2002, 04:44 PM   #19
Talthyr Malkaviel

Yeah, that's true, oh well, we can just insult the guy at our own leisure then.
Oh and going off topic for a bit, I like the new sig, but whatever happened to "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime is doubly so."
Old 05-04-2002, 04:53 PM   #20
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
i've heard that one of his comments about the holocaust said: a minor issue of no importance ! Damn, i am willing to pay a fair amount of money for a chance to kick him right where it hurts