Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2001, 11:01 PM   #11
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I agree with you 100% Sazs. Great topic.

But you know everyone will read this, agree with you adn in a couple of weeks we will see that member flame somone.

I hope it dosent come to that.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

"You guys way off,you guys kick ass, Live at Buddahkhan, Intenceidy-in-tence-city"
Old 09-17-2001, 11:43 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks Sazzie! You covered all the bases! I know you've been running around putting out fires and shutting down trouble as much as anyone can ask a mod to do. I commend you and Mem and Ertai. It has not been easy of late and things really do need to get back to the IW norm!

We have always been a tolerant and warm community. Agreeing to disagree when necessary and moving on. I have watched IW grow from the small blue board with no GD to the huge board community it is today and I've been proud of our successes. I truly think that if we can try to set an example for new members, they quickly see what type of behavior is acceptable here and the mood self-perpetuates. So we need to be on our best behavior. Remembering one major thing: RESPECT. We need not agree with everyone nor even like them, but we should always show respect for them as individuals who are members of this forum just as we are.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 09-17-2001).]
Old 09-18-2001, 04:13 AM   #13
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

You know what? Thank God for Saz saying this. I am personally getting quite pissed at people here... I mean come on!!! We have already had these kind of wars not long ago... people here are doing the same thing!!! They have their threads locked and for me, having a thread locked up is a VERY GRAVE offense. As Saz said, he or the mods keep it as open as possible and all, for people to get the chance to get back at each other- not in a bashful type of sense, but rather a more explanatory type- and hoping that it will be resolved quickly. We have a lot of topics that were locked and people just don't learn do they? I know it hurts if you cannot get back at least with one shot or something and all, but that is why as much as possible, if it is not that violent, the mods keep the topic open anyway.

So who gives a damn here about Arab people (if there are here at IW)??? Are that... can't find a not-so harsh word... nevermind. Everybody here ain't probably a terrorist, and NOBODY deserves a beating!!! So, as said above, mail each other, kill off each other OUTSIDE the forum! We got lil kiddos here... and some people just want to hear news and updates and not some flammatory opinion that will ruin their day...

Sorry, but those symbols of padlocks have been too much for me...

------------------

Heya! It's just me, Bahamut!
Old 09-18-2001, 04:21 AM   #14
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Good thread Sazerac. With freedom comes a responsibility! We have to know that though we have a freedom of speech, we also have a responsibility to take care of that freedom, cause it applies to us all, and we have also a freedom of being justified to NOT to listen to everything as well. The rules in IW are to make sure most people can get along and of late.. man, you moderators have had alot to do, and we appreciate your work!!!

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-18-2001, 04:25 AM   #15
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

it sometimes do make me feel bad if my thread is locked up... so I understand ya, Bahamut

people should be careless about others' opinions.

you have your right to speak, and I have my right to not listen

peaceeeee
Old 09-18-2001, 04:37 AM   #16
Vampire

Is this true??
I've been pretty much away over the past half week and I when I came in for 5 minutes, I saw loads of threads closed off! These were posted by people I've never heard of. What's happening??

------------------
Old 09-18-2001, 09:55 AM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:

peaceeeee
You must be getting wiser and wiser by the day, 250!

I'm going to start calling you Confucius Deux-Cent-Cinquante!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 09-18-2001).]
Old 09-18-2001, 09:57 AM   #18
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Is this true??
I've been pretty much away over the past half week and I when I came in for 5 minutes, I saw loads of threads closed off! These were posted by people I've never heard of. What's happening??

Mate, things happen quickly here!

But all is under control. These things come in cycles - this is our one. With this many people here there are bound to be differences of opinion. Things will be back to normal.

------------------
Old 09-18-2001, 10:06 AM   #19
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:

people should be careless about others' opinions.

peaceeeee
Well said. Saz's points are excellent and should be followed (and Memnoch's too)

Also, don't assume that all posters are adults. We have quite a few younger ones here at IW. Respect them, even if they are not as mature as you. They have to start somewhere you know.
Old 09-18-2001, 10:20 AM   #20
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Wow...reading this thread makes things here sound like it has been terrible.
I actually have not read any threads that would explain why this warning has come into effect.
Sure, I noticed a few closed threads, one for the overall size of the thing, but I would not agree that the forum has degenerated to mud.
Maybe I have been reading the wrong threads...
I still find great peace here, and I am still having a wonderful time.
The people that are responsible for any damage done and are guilty of thread degeneration are at least aware now that those attitudes are not acceptable.
Ziroc had implemented a no-tolerance policy, but has been unable to enforce that himself, lately, due to understandable circumstances.
The moderators are alot more forgiving, and more tolerant than Ziroc has been. Maybe the Mods should say less and do more, following Ziroc's example, if there truelly is a problem.

------------------

Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.