Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2001, 12:41 PM   #11
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

OK - I DO owe Saz an apology, delivered forthwith right now on this spot. I apologize for accusing you of 'editing' my free speech on the board, all that happened was the thread is locked, which i guess i can understand, looking at it with a little bit more reason, and i also apologize for taking you to task about your patriotism as well. We are at war with the terrorists, not each other.

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To

To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy. Nuke'm til the damn camels glow.
Old 09-17-2001, 12:52 PM   #12
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
OK - I DO owe Saz an apology, delivered forthwith right now on this spot. I apologize for accusing you of 'editing' my free speech on the board, all that happened was the thread is locked, which i guess i can understand, looking at it with a little bit more reason, and i also apologize for taking you to task about your patriotism as well. We are at war with the terrorists, not each other.

JJ, you are one of the people I respect as a poster who has always been reasonable and fair. Don't you think it is a little unfair to lump all Arabs under the title "ragheads". Find and punish the perpetrators, by all means. But inciting racial hatred against a group of people who haven't even been convicted of this crime is wrong. Even accused murderers have their day in court in the United States and are innocent until proven guilty under the Constitution.

Quote:
It IS an easily identifiable, religous/politically motivated minority of an ethnic group who has done this. My rage, disdain, and contempt rain down upon them and the people who accepted them as neighbors, friends, allies, and gave them economic and geographical succor. They are all islamic jihad freaks. Before eliminating my post, why did you not inquire as to whether or not I was bombing mosques or attacking those americans who just happened to 'look' like the ragheads who attacked us and caused more innocent civilian casualties than any other country or force in our countries' history? If raghead is an ethnic pejoritive, then I say it FITS. I wholeheartedly condemn those &*sholes of the same ethnic persuasion who sat by and snickered when the marine barracks were bombed in '83, the achille lauro hijacked, the berlin disco bombed, and all the other outrages. If they do not want to be called, or grouped with, RAGHEADS, then I suggest they better damn well speak up and show not only their support for the country and the government they live in, but absolute and utter condemnation for those they have tacitly supported through the years. CAMEL KISSING RAGHEADS!!! I mean every inch of it.
I know you feel emotional right now. I almost lost an aunt on Tuesday. I have friends still unaccounted for, in all likelihood buried under the rubble. I will do anything I can from my little corner of the world to help find and bring the people who committed this crime to justice - be they directly or indirectly linked with this attack. But what I will NOT do is incite violent responses towards innocent people. Because that's how these things all start - with hate. And I will not allow myself to fall into that cycle of hate - because it's a good feeling at first, but I will eat you up slowly from the inside. Don't listen to Sarevok, mate! Don't feed your unholy wrath!

Peace!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 09-17-2001).]
Old 09-17-2001, 01:07 PM   #13
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Thank you Memny, i take your words to heart. I do not indiscriminately hate, or encourage others to do so. That said, there are many here who live under the benefits of our free society only to inflict harm on it and the people. Fifth columnists, they were called back in the day it was communists we were trying to smoke out. The only thing that has changed here is that it is a different group of people attempting to use our system to bring it down. The hunt for them will undoubtably have collateral damage. My suggestion that they (as a group) now loudly proclaim their allegiance to the U S, and actively help in exposing those that are here only to undermine our culture, country and freedoms seems only reasonable. is it not?

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To

To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy. Nuke'm til the damn camels glow.
Old 09-17-2001, 01:54 PM   #14
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear J.J.,

Thanks! For what it's worth, I truly appreciate your deep feelings and your patriotism as well. You may not believe it, but mine is as deep. The issue with the racial thing has been dealt with, and is behind us.

I'm not sure who locked the thread, though...I know I didn't do it. Perhaps Dan did. I was surprised when I saw that there. It's probably all for the best, though.

Again, no hard feelings from me! And please do continue to post threads of encouragement for our forces and ideas about what to do to get at these heartless criminal killers. Everyone would be interested, I'm sure, as I doubt there are many countries unaffected by what occurred (it was the World Trade Center, after all, and many international citizens were killed as well.)

Thanks,

------------------
Old 09-19-2001, 12:10 PM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
Thank you Memny, i take your words to heart. I do not indiscriminately hate, or encourage others to do so. That said, there are many here who live under the benefits of our free society only to inflict harm on it and the people. Fifth columnists, they were called back in the day it was communists we were trying to smoke out. The only thing that has changed here is that it is a different group of people attempting to use our system to bring it down. The hunt for them will undoubtably have collateral damage. My suggestion that they (as a group) now loudly proclaim their allegiance to the U S, and actively help in exposing those that are here only to undermine our culture, country and freedoms seems only reasonable. is it not?

I agree, but you need to separate the wheat from the chaff. Smoke them out by all means. Devote all resources possible to find and bring the perpetrators, planners and supporters of this act to justice. My concern - and call me a bleeding-heart liberal if you like is that if even one innocent Muslim family dies either here in the US (as a result of racially incited violence) or in Afghanistan or wherever as a direct consequence of action that the US takes in revenge for the Tuesday attacks - and we know and allow this to happen - how does that make us better as a people? From the barbaric days of ancient Rome, to the dark lawlessness of the Middle Ages, to the so-called honorable duels of the 18th century - if all we can do is propagate a cycle of hatred and violence how far along as a species have we really come?

Who will go to the children of these innocents and say that their parents' deaths were the results of "collateral damage"?

I'm sorry JJ, none of the above is directed at you, your post didn't deserve such a strong response on my part. I just felt a need to vent. I'm not advocating that we do nothing. I'm just pointing out that it's so much easier to say collateral damage when the casualties are people unknown to us. As someone whose aunt almost became "collateral damage" on Tuesday, I will never throw that phrase around lightly again.

PS. I didn't lock the thread either - I haven't been here when the action's been hot and heavy. Saz has had the good fortune to pull that shift.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 09-19-2001).]