Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2005, 01:11 AM   #1
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Smiley

Since I entered Baldurs gate on my TOSC game I have not been able to save.

When I try to save I get an error message that gives me the option of not saving. If I do try to save the game crashes.

I have tried to go back to a previous saved game, but it does the same thing.

I have also uninstalled then reinstalled the whole game. My saved games survived this & will load, but the problem remains.

I am running Xp pro, cpu=amd 2600, memory=512meg, graphic=32meg

Any ideas anyone?
Old 01-01-2005, 05:33 PM   #2
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

What is the error message?
Old 01-02-2005, 01:26 AM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The problem is most likely a script running that thinks you're still in combat (even when you're not), or something like that. This can get carried over into savegames, so reinstalling will have little effect.

Travel to a new map area, thus making a new Autosave, then leave the game and rename that Autosave to something else. Go through all your old Saves and see if they have the same problem--when/if you find the most recent one that doesn't, try to remember what you did after that Save. That should tell you what caused that annoying bugged script.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:45 AM   #4
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

It isn't the message that says "you cant save at this time". The game actually crashes as if it was tab-alt. Then you get a message saying that the save failed, would you like to continue. If you choose to continue the game crashes, if you dont you can continue playing the game.

I have tried to go back to old saves but they have the same problem. The last game that saved was in the 1st section of Baldurs Gate town.

I will try going out of that section & see if the autosave works.
kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 08:23 AM   #5
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

The autosave does work, just not any other saves.

I get 2 messages;

save game failed, do you wish to quit.
yes no

also;

BGMain2.exe-Corrupt File
The file or directory C:\PROGRA~1\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\tempsave is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdisk utility.

If I find & delete the contents of the tempsave folder will it delete all my save games, or will it cure my problem?

I just noticed another change to my PC that could be the problem. One of my kids just installed BG2.