Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2002, 08:03 AM   #1
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Er, I made a "small" test modual, sort of, something to occupy me... only its grown, I started to add factions; now I've done that, and made all the little NPCs, guards etc. and added the enemies. NOw the only problem is... I cant make my Gaurds work as a group! ARGH! its sooo frustrating! the clerics run off to "do battle" whilst my rangers stand and shoot! The clerics get killed! because they *can't*/*won't* heal each other! How do I make them funtion as a team? please its driving me up the wall! *sigh*

Oh yeah, can any of you provide me with a "tavern" script? or something similar, I cant make my "civilians" move, or do much. I've only been playing with the scripting for a couple of days now, and I would *really* like to make my "little world" more realistic... thanks.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 01:48 PM   #2
Chewbacca
Zartan

the NPC default on-spawn script include some commented out ambient animations that will make npc's of the same faction interact socially. uncomment the line :

//SetSpawnInCondition(NW_FLAG_AMBIENT_ANIMATIONS);

or if you want them to stay immobile:

//SetSpawnInCondition(NW_FLAG_IMMOBILE_ANIMATIONS);

This wont creat "tavern Talk" per se, but you can add:

ActionSpeakString("place your speech here");
ActionWait (how long to wait before repeating ie 2.5)

I dont know how to do both of these at once, for example I can make my acoyltes bend in prayer using a animation script via the OnSpawn, but the chant text wont appear if the script is placed in the On Heartbeat. I want them to bend in prayer and chant over and over again, but being new at scritping the answer here is beyond me....

Check out the official bioware scripting forum for a detailed faq and tutorial, which is where i got this info from. ( I am a month old scripter myself)
Old 07-22-2002, 07:28 AM   #3
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

cheers.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote