Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2000, 01:57 PM   #1
Androo

Ok, I unzipped the patch in the Wizards and Warriors folder and figured I had installed it properly but can't be sure since there is no way that I know of to verify it. One person wrote earlier that after installing the patch that the monsters hit points were outlined in purple or something. I haven't noticed that. Also, the patch was supposed to fix the toad blocking the entrance to the toad shaman which also wasn't fixed in my present game. Does this mean I haven't installed the patch properly? Wtf am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Andrew
Old 12-17-2000, 05:18 PM   #2
Moonlight_Assasin

Well I don't know how this Patch works, I haven't had a need for it. But if the toad thing is all you need help on, there's nothing to it. Save it before you try this in case you accidently attack him. Get as close as you can to the right wall and walk into him. If you need more power try to run past him. He should scoot over and you can get by. If not, I don't know. But that's how I did it.
Old 12-18-2000, 04:57 AM   #3
carg
The Magister

That purple outline was me. Sorry for the confusion, but that appeared to be a side effect from upgrading my video drivers.
An easy check for the patch is going to a shop and try to do anything before the shopkeeper is finished talking. (This is especially irritating when you try to sell items with different characters who all have unfinished quests there.) With the patch you have to wait, and the fly-by hints of the buttons won't apppear before that.
The patch seemed to fix that you can more easily push them aside, not that they're not blocking.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2000, 05:19 AM   #4
biondo

I had the same problems. I noticed the patch worked because when I clicked on items that were blocked, I no longer dance around the screen. As far as the passage being blocked. Same problem here. I went out of the first hut, ran and jumped to the other dock. It took me about 6 tries but finnaly got it. You can then go down the other ladder on the other side of the blocking toad.
Old 12-18-2000, 11:33 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

One of the easiest ways to get around the blocking toad (and without the patch file):

Note that the blocking toad is automatically in "Talk" mode. Enter "Talk" mode and say "Goodbye" to close the conversation. The toad will begin walking. You can lead him down the path, or if you're in a hurry, face him and push him back up the path toward your destination. Rude, but effective. Apparently they don't mind.

Sazerac (This has worked every time for me).
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote