Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2003, 03:16 PM   #1
TordenkalveN
Dungeon Master

I was just wondering when do you start to get HLA's? I am playing a ranger/cleric multiclass, and already when he reached lvl 13 of cleric (he was lvl 11 ranger) he got a HLA. is'nt that very early, or is it just me?
TordenkalveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 03:19 PM   #2
Faceman
Hathor

I think you get them once you bypass the SoA XP limit and get into ToB values. It usually happens to a mage at lvl18 for me IIRC which is one level higher tha SoA allows.
Old 09-10-2003, 03:24 PM   #3
TordenkalveN
Dungeon Master

I only have about 2,2 millions XP. That means I got the HLA due to a bug right?
TordenkalveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 03:27 PM   #4
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by TordenkalveN:
I only have about 2,2 millions XP. That means I got the HLA due to a bug right?
Yes, it happens with a R/C. But I think you won't get HLA's after this for a couple of level ups.
Old 09-10-2003, 03:37 PM   #5
Faceman
Hathor

Arrow

I'm not sure. In fact I'm puzzled [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
i just tested it and Cleric/Rangers indeed get their first HLA at Cleric lvl 13
However single class clerics, rangers, mages and a multi-clas F/M/T (these are the ones I ran just now) all need to progress beyond total XP of 3mio to get their HLAs
Old 09-10-2003, 03:37 PM   #6
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by TordenkalveN:
I was just wondering when do you start to get HLA's? I am playing a ranger/cleric multiclass, and already when he reached lvl 13 of cleric (he was lvl 11 ranger) he got a HLA. is'nt that very early, or is it just me?
I don't know maybe this is ranger/cleric bonus. actually multiclass characters indeed get HLAs much earlier than pure or dual; guess it's kinda "making up" the slow leveling up disadvantage for multi-class characters (well, Aerie can summon Deva before she can summon Skeleton Warriors).

in my current game, a character once hits lvl 14 at the second class, he/she will get HLAs (ie. Aerie hit lvl 14 at cleric first, but she didn't get HLAs until she hit lvl 14 at mage). Maybe in your ranger/cleric case, it's lvl 13 rather than lvl 14.

at any event, multi-class will get HLAs earlier than others (if you don't rush through the game, even with a 6 people party, multi class characters will get HLAs in chapter 6).
Old 09-10-2003, 04:23 PM   #7
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Hey I know this isn't really a spoiler filled topic, but it still belongs in the TOB forum considering HLA's aren't in SOA without TOB installed.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 08:42 PM   #8
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by teardropmina:

in my current game, a character once hits lvl 14 at the second class, he/she will get HLAs (ie. Aerie hit lvl 14 at cleric first, but she didn't get HLAs until she hit lvl 14 at mage). Maybe in your ranger/cleric case, it's lvl 13 rather than lvl 14.

at any event, multi-class will get HLAs earlier than others (if you don't rush through the game, even with a 6 people party, multi class characters will get HLAs in chapter 6).
The HLAs are governed by total XP earned, not levels. You should start getting HLAs at every level up after your character passes 2.95 million total XP. In TordenkalveN's case, he got his HLA earlier than normal, but it's probably the developer's way of making up for the R/C being such a disadvantaged character
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 02:42 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Disadvantaged?!?! In what way! No, seriously, this I got to read.

TordenkalveN got a bug as far as I am concerned.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote