Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2003, 12:23 PM   #1
Bristowe
Elminster

I'm talking about the PC version here, not the PS2 one mind...
There may be spoilers involved so if you havn't finished it you may not want to read further...

I have a problem, for those who know, there's a part at the end where solidus is choking the bejeezers out of you and you have to press the action button or whatever REALLY REALLY fast to hold your breath so ya don't die. I'm trying to finish the game on Extreme right now and so far it's just impossible! Has anyone ever done it? I'm almost breaking my wrist from tapping the keys so fast but i can only keep it up for about 5 seconds before it starts to hurt ~~ haha
I've heard of various sneaky ways of beating this part of the game on the PS2 but none whatsoever on the PC... I'm desperate!!! ARRGH

So....anyone?
Thanks
And yeah i know this is an RPG forum but i've LOOOONG since finished BG 1&2 and IWD 1&2
Old 09-03-2003, 04:54 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Never played PC version myself, but it sounds like your hitting the key too hard. Hit it fast not hard. That should fix the pain issue.
If all else fails, find an office secretary somewhere who can type at over 100 words a minute and have her hit the key as fast as she can.

P.S. is there a way to set the control scheme to work off of a gamepad in the PC version?

[ 09-03-2003, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 09-03-2003, 05:09 PM   #3
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

You should be able to block the Choke-Hold attack. Just parry with Snake or Raiden roll away from it.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:58 PM   #4
Bristowe
Elminster

Hey that might be an idea Firestormalpha...about that using a gamepad orsomething with auto fire or something...too bad i dun have one...oh well

Oh and Zuvio i meant the bit which is sorta like a cut-scene, before you actually fight him with your sword, where you're kneeling down and solidus says something like 'ill squeeze the answer out of you" or something, yeah? haha but thanks though
Old 09-05-2003, 03:52 AM   #5
GokuZool
Lord Ao

It's hard, but not impossible.

I have MGS2: Substance (PS2) and have this advice:

* The key is rhythm. Once you're button mashing away and in a good rhythm you'll have no trouble.
* Don't get too frustrated; it won't help.
* As Firestormalpha said, don't hit the keys too hard!

It may take a few attempts- IIRC, I tried it 4 times before I got it!

Good luck!

[ 09-05-2003, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]
Old 09-05-2003, 05:47 AM   #6
Bristowe
Elminster

WOOHOO, i did it !!

i took the key off my key board and just pressed the little button thingy underneath it, dunno whether this helped at all but i DIT IT! YEAH!!

haha i'm so happy,

thanks for the input guys [img]smile.gif[/img]