Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2001, 11:57 AM   #1
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I don't really know if this is the right forum for this - but it seems most relevant here.

Just recently a very heated atmosphere has started to make its presence felt over the war forum. This is getting all of us more and more annoyed and irritable.

We have the useful little ability to Privately Message people. Why do we not use this more? I know I am guitly of this myself but why do we have to air our disagreements in public? Here is how it goes in most threads at the moment:

1. Someone says something you find offensive.

2. You post a message back telling them so.

3. Some people leap to the defense of one side, others to the other side.

4. The posts continue to get heated, prompting defenses of both opinions until no one can remember what the thread was about in the first place.

5. Mods get involved, people get banned or suspended, or (possibly even worse) people leave of their own free will as they can't stand it any longer.

Just a suggestion, but if someone says something you feel is a personal attack and you want to ask them to stop then it might be better to PM them. I know it would make me feel very awkward to be chastised in front of the whole board by anyone, whatever it was I had said. I know I am guilty of this as well, especially on the now infamous "Brits have a short memory thread".

I just thought this might help bring this forum back to where it was a couple of weeks ago - a nice place to chat about serious war related issues. Not the divided lynch mob that it has become.

Thanks

Mike
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 07:19 PM   #2
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

This is a good idea for personal, one on one, point making, but still sarcasm will only get us in trouble.

BTW, I didn't want to seem as if you, SC or anyone, personally, were anti-America, but was pointing out how some posts can go off topic and seem so.