Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2004, 05:14 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/08/06/cr...eut/index.html

A man who has a fetish for toe-licking strangers was caught by police after like three years, but was let go because there is no crime! The dutch are demanding an amendment to the law that prohibits toe-licking.
Old 08-07-2004, 05:58 PM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

LOL yah, I heard about him already. If he tried that with me, a kick in the teeth is what he'd get. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Edit: And doh, there *is* no law prohibiting toe-licking, that's the point of the fuss.

[ 08-07-2004, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 08-07-2004, 07:53 PM   #3
Djinn Raffo
Ra

The last time I was in Amsterdam I saw a male bodybuilder wearing nothing but a G-string rollerblading down the street.
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 08:11 PM   #4
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Now that's a hideous picture! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I guess noone bothered to look why exactly they were chasing him in the first place.. People are stupid.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:30 PM   #5
Aerich
Lord Ao

Probably not necessary for an anti-toe licking law. I mean, come on, not a very common occurance, is it?

What I don't understand is why he could not be prosecuted. Couldn't they get him for assault or harassment?
Old 08-08-2004, 03:28 AM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
The last time I was in Amsterdam I saw a male bodybuilder wearing nothing but a G-string rollerblading down the street.
Oh, him. Don't exaggerate, he's not a bodybuilder. Just a guy who likes to rollerblade around naked wearing nothing but a G-string and a rucksack. Sometimes he's on a mountainbike, too.
Personally I find it more shocking when some transvestite feels (s)he has to walk around in a pair of those pants that have a hole cut out where their ass is. Yuck. Prefer total upfront in-your-face nudity to the nasty surprise of a fully dressed person turning around and confronting you with their hairy butt. *shudder*
Old 08-08-2004, 11:19 AM   #7
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

i never seen the naked bodybuilder person and i've been studying in amsterdam for almost a year now :<
Old 08-08-2004, 12:30 PM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Toe-licking would be a tort under common law in most any European country and would be against at least a few statutes in most states in the U.S. It's called offensive battery and it may also fall under fondling or molestation laws, because it is sexual.

Just an FYI -- you don't have to specifically make something illegal if it falls under a more generally-prohibited behavior.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:16 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Toe-licking would be a tort under common law in most any European country and would be against at least a few statutes in most states in the U.S. It's called offensive battery and it may also fall under fondling or molestation laws, because it is sexual.

Just an FYI -- you don't have to specifically make something illegal if it falls under a more generally-prohibited behavior.
Great point. Thanks! I had not thought of that.