Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2002, 04:52 AM   #1
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I think that was one of my first RPG i played somone who remeber those games? they was made by Westwood Studios what a atmosfere it was in # 2 i like it REALY good with the "Crimson Tower" and so on god that was times when realy greate RPG games come to pc i think!!!
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 07:48 PM   #2
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah the eye of the beholder games were great, I recently heard that they were remaking eye of the beholder 1 for the gameboy advance, shame i don't have a gameboy advance
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 12:13 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
I think that was one of my first RPG i played somone who remeber those games? they was made by Westwood Studios what a atmosfere it was in # 2 i like it REALY good with the "Crimson Tower" and so on god that was times when realy greate RPG games come to pc i think!!!
I think it was my 1st IBM/PC Game I bought and played! I remember buying EOB1 BEFORE I got my 386/16Mhz [img]smile.gif[/img] and went to Radio Shack to install it and play it, I was wanting SO BAD to play it.

I STILL have EOB on my NEW 2.4Ghz machine.. I love the EOB series!!

I have beaten Eye of the Beholder 1 about 60 times so far, and my fastest time was 5 hours. (This includes completing all the special quests for each level).

Hardest part of the game is the Mind Flayers. and sometimes the Spiders on Level 3. (When they gang up on you).

EOB3 sucked. SSI did that one (NOT Westwood) but Lands of Lore 1 was my 'personal' EOB3... LOL1 was ALSO totally awesome! I have the rare CD version as well as the Disk based.

Eye of the Beholder 1 is in my 'Top 5' favorite RPG's.. So is Ultima Underworld 1 & 2, and Lands of Lore 1.

Anyone like Kyrandia? I thought that was a cool Adventure series!

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is my favorite Adventure game.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 12:34 AM   #4
Megabot

Quote:
EOB3 sucked. SSI did that one (NOT Westwood) but Lands of Lore 1 was my 'personal' EOB3... LOL1 was ALSO totally awesome! I have the rare CD version as well as the Disk based.

Eye of the Beholder 1 is in my 'Top 5' favorite RPG's.. So is Ultima Underworld 1 & 2, and Lands of Lore 1.
Totaly agree Z EOB 1 are wery greate to but i remember #2 best because i was almost adicted to that game hoho god that was greate and i remember those nasty "mindflyers" hehe and thos darn "Basilisk`s" and "beholders". Also remeber that greate "Intro" scene in Eob 2 best i have seen that time!!!

Then Ultima Underword 1-2 i cant say no more "Worlds best "First person" games ever made i think!!

And "Kyrandia Book One" what a beatiful grapich and music it was in that game and the cool spell system with the couldron thingie and so on hehe good game remember the "bridge" you have to help repair? It was so cool!!

And L.Lore 1 god that most also be one on Westwood`s best games!!

Quote:
Yeah the eye of the beholder games were great, I recently heard that they were remaking eye of the beholder 1 for the gameboy advance, shame i don't have a gameboy advance
What if they had remaked it to pc that would be my # 1 game to buy that for sure it would be a best seller im am sure! Daniel

//Megabot.

[ 06-06-2002, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 06-06-2002, 01:57 AM   #5
Yack
Dungeon Master

EOB 1 and 2 where awesome, after playing the gold boxes series the change to first person in a "big" window make it incredible inmersive for the time, also the game was very well balanced in difficulty and puzzle/combat.

EOB 3 was a total disappointment, but as you say Ziroc, Lands of Lore was a spiritual EBO 3, i only play the floppy version, I heard the CD version include excellent voice acting.

What about the other games that come out short after EOB?, Fantasy Empires was a very nice one, the virtual dungeon master made it feel like a pen and paper game, and for a quick fix of EOB Dungeon Hack was a good game.
Old 06-06-2002, 03:10 AM   #6
lroyo

Yeah, I loved the first 2 but didn't play the third one (sounds like I was lucky!) I forgot all about Lands of Lore 1. I really enjoyed that game and played it all the way through a couple of times.

Those were the days. I could play for 5 hours with no distractions! (Sigh)
Old 06-06-2002, 09:31 AM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Yeah, great games the first two EOB's - I still remember the shock when he turned ino a dragon at the end of EOB2 - I still have the old PnP maps, and have all 3 games on disk (though that 3rd game sucks big time).
Old 06-08-2002, 02:24 PM   #8
Jorath Calar
Harper

I played EoB 1 just recently and enjoyed it a lot, except, I got a little confused because the locations looked so similar... Guess I got to spend some more time on it... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 05:25 AM   #9
Megabot

Quote:
Yeah, I loved the first 2 but didn't play the third one (sounds like I was lucky!) I forgot all about Lands of Lore 1. I really enjoyed that game and played it all the way through a couple of times.
The third one made by SSI was not THAT bad i think it was way to easy and short but i like it anyway because they used almost the same game engine so the "right feeling" was there, but it was not so good Aviendha so you have not missed something here!