Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2000, 01:01 PM   #1
Glorick the Half-Orc

Good news - "Heart of Winter" (IWD add-on) is improving the bard. I've always found bards kinda useless except for role-playing, but this sounds interesting.

"I know I'm going on and on about Heart of Winter but one last thing, the new bard songs alone are giving this class something to rave about. As you gain levels, you get to sing songs that help your party with bonuses, protection, healing, etc. Bards rock!!!

Okay I have to contain myself so that's it for now, have an awesome Xmas!

Harold Kim
QA Project Supervisor"

http://www.interplay.com/icewind/

That sounds totally cool. I'm definitely going to try a bard with those new abilities.

Old 12-14-2000, 12:52 AM   #2
G.W.

Unfortunately BGII takes away a lot of the bard's talents by presenting the ring of human influence so early in the game, as well as having an identifying item.

Old 12-14-2000, 05:59 AM   #3
hobs

I've played bard as a main character since bg1 and he's great! A good bard can cast spells, fight with swords, has good charisma, sing some bonus songs to whole party and bards do get all kind of neat gadgets! ..can't wait till I found something like a "harmonica of flirting" or a "flute of greater ego +4"

-hobs-

Old 12-14-2000, 06:13 AM   #4
Zertyr

And the bards skills in lore can be very handy! I think the bard is a nice part of any great group.

Old 12-14-2000, 01:35 PM   #5
cleric

I like bards too , but Hear'dalias (ore wat his name mey be) isnt realy good.
I like Garrick from BG1 , realy good , sad he isnt returned to bg2 .

Old 12-14-2000, 02:15 PM   #6
G.W.

Another disservice to bards was they let all the magic instruments be useable all characters. That is just wrong!

Old 12-14-2000, 04:52 PM   #7
Khanar Tor'vel

They're gonna mess up my Bard in IWD. Bard songs? BARD SONGS? You mean I might have a reason to use them in HOW? I mean, in IWD, I never use them. My Bard is just too busy raining down death with acid arrows and such, with the occasional spell thrown in too boot and his long sword for a jab.

Old 12-14-2000, 05:41 PM   #8
Saithana

I like Bards as well. I treat them as a Mage who can use Bows, but better than a Thief/Mage dual or multi because of the Lore.
I very seldom used the bard song in IWD, however, because my Bard was usually raining death by arrow. The bow also meant he couldn't use the magical instruments.

>I like Garrick from BG1 , realy good , sad he isnt returned to bg2.

Yes he is. South of the Knight's Hall in the Temple district there's a Gnome with a really long nose* making Garrick woo a lady guard. Garrick is doing it *really* badly, and in any case the lady is interested in the Gnome. Go back later to see the conclusion.

*Hmmm, is that a reference to a certain ficitonal character, played very well by Gerard Depardiu...?

Old 12-15-2000, 07:02 PM   #9
Jon the Hell Caster

i'm making bard items if anyone wants one email me.