Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2001, 04:59 PM   #1
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

I hate that IWD has so many incomplete quests.
I used the infinity explorer to browse character dialogues and found some stuff.
Sister Calliana at Kuldahur is supposed to give you some quest involving the suit of armor in the severd hand (the Voice of Durenl Atha... er something)
The dialoge and triggers are all there, but one vital piece is missing that actually flips the quest to "on". so it never happens (that and i think they omitted an item that actually exists in the inventory files)
Another example is the "golem_quest" that, if completed and if you have an intelligence greater than 16, then you can order the golems back at Malavon's Simuclarant and avoid killing all the little gnomes.
Then there's Maiden Illmadia. i'm not sure if she's had a truncated quest, but the way people reference her in the game, you'd think there was. that and her dialogue looks a little fishy-incomplete? (what about her interest in unicorns?)

does anyone know of an editor, other than the Infinity Explorer, that lets you browse and EDIT files in the game? The closest i came was editing files in the override folder, but that just caused my game to crash

There's actually a character named "TEST." Based on the dialoge, he's a total drug dealer. if you ask to see what he's got, he gives you 1000000 gold and opens the "test" store. I swapped this store with Orrick's store, but the game didn't like it. it'd still be fun to make someone at the bar have this dialogue

Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote