Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2001, 12:13 PM   #1
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Does anyone know why it is that although a Mage gets two weapons slots, and a Thief gets two weapons slots, a MAGE/THIEF ONLY GETS ONE?! It really annoys me because it is so unfair! Grrrr!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 06-01-2001).]
Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 12:48 PM   #2
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Yet another example of "I Dunno". Sorry, it seems that lots of things make no sense in the system they employ. But then thats nothing new. None of the arguements I can think of make sense to me at all.

------------------
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 01:03 PM   #3
Duneswalker
Dungeon Master

It has to do with the way they laid out the interface bar in the main window. They drop weapon slots to add cast, turn undead, detect traps, ect. Yes it does suck I would rather have the extra weapon slots. Does any one ever use the quick spell slots? They could of dropped the gaurd icon to give everyone at least two, as per BG2 or put some of the abilities under the special icon. O well I guess it's not that big of a deal but I do wish everyone got two or three weapon slots. Also on the subject I wish they would have come up with a way to switch from a bow to a melee weapon/shield without going into the inventory. Maybe like letting you keep the shield equiped but not count it towards AC when using a bow.
Duneswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 01:03 PM   #4
Fljotsdale

LOL! How very helpful, Wulfere!

------------------

Old 06-01-2001, 01:11 PM   #5
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Duneswalker:
It has to do with the way they laid out the interface bar in the main window. They drop weapon slots to add cast, turn undead, detect traps, ect. Yes it does suck I would rather have the extra weapon slots. Does any one ever use the quick spell slots? They could of dropped the gaurd icon to give everyone at least two, as per BG2 or put some of the abilities under the special icon. O well I guess it's not that big of a deal but I do wish everyone got two or three weapon slots. Also on the subject I wish they would have come up with a way to switch from a bow to a melee weapon/shield without going into the inventory. Maybe like letting you keep the shield equiped but not count it towards AC when using a bow.
Yes indeedy! Though I use the quick-spell slots. I could do without 'em fine, though! But it reaaaaly annoys me to have only one weapon-slot. It means you have to keep checking on her, 'cos if she runs out of arrows she starts fist-fighting in melee!
And yes, the shield thing p****s me off even more! There should be a quick slot to keep it in that you could access without going into the inventory, like the quick weapons. Just click it on or off as required. We ought to design games ourselves, lol!

------------------

Old 06-01-2001, 02:48 PM   #6
Gaelic
Elminster

The shield-two handed weapon-bow thing gives me fits as well. I often like to have my party pepper an enemy with arrows as they approach, then switch to melee weapons when they are within arms reach. That takes ages under the current system.

------------------
Gaelic
Gaelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 12:08 PM   #7
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

this is why they have the throwing axe+2 and the lover dagger. they make awesome mele weapons cuz they are missle weapons with no limit to use. I lob axes instead of arrows and save the bow for long range spellcasters.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 12:45 PM   #8
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaelic:
The shield-two handed weapon-bow thing gives me fits as well. I often like to have my party pepper an enemy with arrows as they approach, then switch to melee weapons when they are within arms reach. That takes ages under the current system.
Yeah! As far as is reasonable I give Missile weapons skills, now, rather than Bow or Crossbow, and Large Sword rather than Great Sword. That way I can use a Shield without messing about. My Thief always gets Bow, though, 'cos a Buckler is pretty useless anyway, and I like a Ranger to have Bow.

------------------

Old 06-02-2001, 10:42 PM   #9
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I do my best
Glad I could add some light to this most weighty of subjects.
If I can ever be of help again just ask...

------------------
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote