Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2001, 07:30 PM   #1
solarize25
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I read the thread below but it has not helped me out in this case. I am at the level with the bad guy from IWD. I beat it yesterday and now installed HOW along with the patch. However, I do not have the option to go back to Kuldahar and go through the locked door. There is no way for me to even get there. Everan or whatever his name is won't even teleport me their. There is no expansion pack to play like in Buldar's Gate. Maybe one of you guys can help me on this one. I really don't want to start over and play the whole game again either. Cheers, Solarize
solarize25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 07:41 PM   #2
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Sorry, can't help! If it's any consolation I am just about to beat the final enemy myself and will be wanting to go back to Kuldahar. I thought you could just go there from Easthaven to do the expansion.
However, I did notice that as you enter the final room, your team is 'exported'. I wonder if you have to use the 'exported team' to do the expansion? And if so, I wonder where it has been exported to....?

DARN! I just read that thread you mentioned. Grrrrr!

Oh, by the way - WELCOME, Solarize!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 05-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 05-29-2001).]
Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 08:04 PM   #3
solarize25
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well when I entered the last room it said in the text box that my characters were exported but they aren't in my save game files anywhere! This is really starting to get to me. When you played Bulder's Gate and installed the expansion it at least gave you a mission pack and the option to leave Bulder's gate and go do the other quests. I looked in the save game folder and the character folder and found nothing. I don't think I need to install HOW again since it said they were exported but you never know. I quit playing BG to play IWD and HOW due to BG freezing up even with the darn patch installed. I don't know maybe it's just me having all the computer problems this week Solaria
Old 05-29-2001, 09:09 PM   #4
Fljotsdale

Well, at least you killed that final enemy! I'm still trying! Last attempt, I even turned the difficulty down to easy-peasy and still finished up with everyone dead! And it kept telling me he was almost dead, too! Sob!

My team are all around lvl12, with the thief on 14, and Cleric/Mage on 12/11, so I SHOULD have no difficulty. Even with lots of summoned monsters I get creamed. And some people seem to kill him with no trouble at all! Grrr...

------------------

Old 05-29-2001, 09:11 PM   #5
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

If you have defeated the last baddy in IWD you are done. I don't know if you can import them into HoW. I would try that though.
You should get the Heart of Winter only game choice in the startup screen.
Click on that and then import your characters.

------------------
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 11:07 AM   #6
Fljotsdale

Solarize! No problem! I decided to start a new game and take in the HOW on the way, but I found this:
After IWD ends, go to the 'create game' button and press it. You will be given the option to start either a new IWD game or the HOW expansion. When you click on Expansion, you get the option to import your IWD team. Hey Presto!

------------------

Old 05-30-2001, 12:30 PM   #7
solarize25
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah I did just that but thought it was pretty cheesey that you couldn't get out of that town to go and do HOW and then come back and kill the bad guy. They should have thought about that when they programed the game. The only thing I can't figure out is why it told me my characters were exported and they were no were to be found. Mind Boggling isn't it? I had difficulty beating the end guy the first time but after I re-loaded he was much easier to kill. I tried to kill the golems one by one and then hit him in between running from the last golem guy. I think he might heal himself when he cast fire or something. One time he was almost dead and the other he was just badly hurt. Oh well I beat him and now I'm off to kill the barbarians or whatever they want me to do. Got to love all the skull bashing
Old 05-30-2001, 01:45 PM   #8
Fljotsdale

LOL! Have fun!

------------------

Old 05-31-2001, 03:58 PM   #9
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Your characters probably were exported. Check the character files for characters with names like IWD1.chr

I understand the frustration of not going back to Kulduhar, but I think the plot doesn't allow for it. The pass that collapsed from the avalanche is still closed. You just happened to be teleported back to Easthaven. Now you're stuck there, just like you were stuck in Kulduhar.

Good luck.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Father Bronze is offline   Reply With Quote