Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 07:03 PM   #1
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Help! I have defeated the Eyeless and was trying to exit through the secret door, and it won't open, like it always has. Is there some key that I missed?

[ 04-12-2005, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 04-12-2005, 07:32 PM   #2
whathuh
The Magister

There is a "hot spot" that you have to touch. Try walking back and forth. If that doesn't work, then sorry, you will have to resort to just cheating your way out of there. Press crtl j to jump across it if that won't work. Remember, bg2 is just full of bugs!
whathuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 11:55 PM   #3
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

What do you mean, press CNTL j? That doesn't seem to do anything.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:23 AM   #4
mad=dog

You need to enter Debug Mode=1 under [Program Options] in the file called baldur.ini. This will allow you to access hotkeys and a prompt for various cheats and the like. In this case legit.
It has also happened to me once and I checked the hotspot in InfExp to make sure I didn't just miss it or haste past it. It is rather big I recall so it must be a different trigger that fails when you slay the beholder. There is a flag that must be set and you can do that in the console. N/M. CTRL+J will do.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:52 AM   #5
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Yay, it worked, thanks to all that helped. I am FREE again.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:32 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by whathuh:
There is a "hot spot" that you have to touch. Try walking back and forth.
Ten bucks says that following this part of whathuh's advice would have been even easier than cheating. He simply forgot to mention that the part where you have to walk around is just in front of the door that won't open.

Truth be told, I HATE THIS DOOR. Try to open it--Locked. Try to pick it--No amount of tinkering will help, and it is likely warded against simple spells. And because you start out reasonably close to the door when you get back upstairs, your Thief will not have to walk toward the door in order to try to pick it....which is a pain in the ass, because simply walking up to it is the only thing that will open it. Grrrrr.