Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2001, 05:17 PM   #1
Famir
Dungeon Master

My party is as follows,
Famir(me) 11 level ranger with flail of ages in left hand and stonefire or
frostreaver in right hand red dragon scale armor total AC-4

Minsc 11 level with mauler's arm mace+2 and fortress shield+3
and full plate mail total AC-6

Keldorn level 11 with carsomyr"the holy avenger"+5 with firecam full-plate
Total AC-5

Jaheira level 10 with blackblood club+3 and saving grace shield+3 total AC-8

Jan level 11 with Flasher lancher total AC4

Mazzy level 10 with tansheron's bow+3 and ankheg full-plate mail total AC-4

I'd like to know what you think of my party, anyone you think i should swap or
any wepon/armor i should buy/find. i have done almost all the chapter 2/3
quests with just the planar spear left.
Old 05-28-2001, 05:26 PM   #2
jabidas
Silver Dragon

I think you should drop mazzy or jan because you dont have a proper mage get Edwin and your sorted you could do with another cleric as well maybe drop both. You seem to have a very tank orientated party I suggest the mage thing because magic becomes the most powerful force in the game

------------------
Old 05-28-2001, 05:28 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Your party seems to be kinda tank intense and lack in magic....it depends on your style to play: balance, might or magic...
I would suggest you take out either Minsc or Keldorn and swap for Aerie, since your party does not have a cleric and might need some more mage magic support. Eventhough most of us LOVES Minsc and BOO, but 2 rangers in on party for a long period of time might be too much.
If you want another magic caster consider switching Nalia with Mazzy (although I know Mazzy is very good with a short bow), but Nalia can cast spells and use a short bow.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-28-2001, 05:29 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
Your party seems to be kinda tank intense and lack in magic....it depends on your style to play: balance, might or magic...
I would suggest you take out either Minsc or Keldorn and swap for Aerie, since your party does not have a cleric and might need some more mage magic support. Eventhough most of us LOVES Minsc and BOO, but 2 rangers in on party for a long period of time might be too much.
If you want another magic caster consider switching Nalia with Mazzy (although I know Mazzy is very good with a short bow), but Nalia can cast spells and use a short bow.

Btw, this is based on the assumption that you want to play a good aligned party.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-28-2001, 06:16 PM   #5
Famir
Dungeon Master

Yeah, my rep's 20