Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2001, 03:11 PM   #1
loriluvsxs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I finshed IWD and started HOW, but wished my charactors were of higher level, so I restarted IWD but imported my charactors from the end of my previous game and am playing in Heart of Fury mode. It definitly is tougher and I thought what with having my awesome armor & weapons from the end of the game it would be easier, but that HOF mode is something else!! hopefully by the time I finish IWD and restart HOW my charactors will be waaay up there in levels. Also, since I started again at the beginning will the transition from IWD to HOW be seamless?
Lori
loriluvsxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 03:21 PM   #2
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Sounds like fun, lol!
Yeah should be seamless. Treat HOW as a sub-quest and do it before you get taken to Easthaven again. Since you have imported characters, I suppose you have a high enough level to do it as soon as you get to Kuldahar. Enjoy!

------------------

Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 03:25 PM   #3
loriluvsxs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Do you mean like before Dorn's Deep & the Belifhat?? I thought HOW was after I defeat Belifhat.....
Lori
loriluvsxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 04:21 PM   #4
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Don't even think of doing the HoW in Fury mode as soon as you get to kuldahur. Has anyone here played HoW in fury mode? it's possible to do at level 15, but it's no fun when you're getting killed on a regular basis by barrow wights. And the whailing virgins? don;t even get me started. I'm saving HoW fury until after i clear dorns and get all the cool items.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 05:09 AM   #5
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I've done that. I played IWD once through, then I tried HOW, decided I was'nt strong enough (I was at levels 16-18) and then I played IWD again to get my levels up. I finally played HOW at levels 19-21 and completed it, then played the Heart of Fury mode.
A hell of a challenge.

------------------
Why?
Lifetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 10:25 AM   #6
Gaelic
Elminster

Just to be sure, to set it on HoF mode, do you just slide the difficulty slider all the way to the right? When I came back the difficulty level said "insane" in the dialogue box.

------------------
Gaelic
Gaelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 11:12 AM   #7
lorac3
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I did that to. My fighters were way up in levels it rocked!!!!
my mage got transfured back to Icewind Dale as an only charactor
I finished the game it a month
lorac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 03:11 PM   #8
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaelic:
Just to be sure, to set it on HoF mode, do you just slide the difficulty slider all the way to the right? When I came back the difficulty level said "insane" in the dialogue box.

actually "insane" is just that..insane. for hof, you gotta check the box that activates hof mode under the sliders. once that's activated, you will notice that the slider is up at "insane".

if you play the two, however, you can tell something else has been activated, because the diff between insane and hof is like the diff between kiddygarten and grad school.

V***V

vesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 04:49 PM   #9
Gaelic
Elminster

I knew it had to be something else, it is still not too hard on insane with a lev 18 Paladin, 20 F-T, etc.

------------------
Gaelic
Gaelic is offline   Reply With Quote