Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2001, 12:20 AM   #1
chaia100
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My two mages (magi?) died - I am in Khuldanhar (sp?) and I cannot bring them back (one is human, one half-elf). Can I just reroll a couple of new characters? When I load a game it takes me to that screen and shows me all six of my chars and a button says 'modify chars' but the button is never highlighted (pressable)...I'm confused and stuck...
chaia100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 06:23 AM   #2
Gaelic
Elminster

You can save enough money and get them resurrected at a temple.

------------------
Gaelic
Gaelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 06:38 AM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

when a character dies, if they can be revived by spell, wand or priest,then they are still members of your party..... altho they are dead weight. *sigh* bad joke.
you can carry them around, until you can afford the cost of having a priest bring them back, unless someone else can use a scroll on them. but if you want to reroll them.. then you have to do what you would do to a live member by deleting them at the selection screen and then choosing to create new members to replace them.
or, you can go back to an earlier save, before they died and replay the scene. this way you can try to avoid doing whatever it was that killed them to begin with and you learned a good lesson. magi are powerful in combat, with their talents, but *sheesh*... they sure don't have long life spans if they get circled by a group of orcs.
here's a hint also: you can choose a healthier script for them. like one that makes them run away in terror when a baddie gets too close to them in battle. also, using your space bar to pause gives you better control over how and where to place them in fights. (lots of critters despise magi and will target them specifically).
good luck.

V***V
vesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 07:54 AM   #4
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Physically weak characters should be placed at the rear of the team - move them to the last positions in the portrait gallery on right of screen - and should be given missile weapons or bows according to their class. This will stop them engaging in melee fights where they WILL get killed! Also, one of the very first spells a Mage should learn and memorise is 'armour'. Make sure he/she casts it before going into battle. If your team members do not yet have points allocated to bow/missile skills, still give them the weapons. You can allocate a point later. They will not be very good with any weapon they don't have skill points for, but using the weapon WILL help keep 'em in the background, and may do SOME damage to the enemy, lol!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 06-01-2001).]
Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote