Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2006, 10:43 AM   #1
AeonsLegend
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm probably not the only one or the first to mention this, but this bug is really bugging me.

Whenever my main character has 2 swords equiped, one in weapon slot 1 and one in shield slot, and has boots of speed equiped the following thing happens.

When ToB is not installed, the mainhand weapon is never used. Feedback shows:

Main character- Attack Roll (Left)15 + 0 = 15 : Hit

When ToB is installed the offhand weapon is never used. Feedback shows:

Main character- Attack Roll 15 + 2 = 17 : Hit

Point? Either the offhand or the main handed weapon is not used depending on ToB being installed or not. Now I have no idea how attacks are affected and if it actually messes up your characters hit ratio, but I would like my chartacter to hit with the two weapons he's carrying even though one of them is probably weaker than the other. Has anyone else seen this problem? Does anyone know a fix for it.

On a side note when I have, say, Valygar in my party dual wielding he does not seem to be affected by this bug, he hits with both main hand and offhand.

[ 01-09-2006, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: AeonsLegend ]
AeonsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:05 AM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Are you fully patched?
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:05 AM   #3
AeonsLegend
Elite Waterdeep Guard

From what I read on the BG website the last patch is included in the ToB installation. Is there any other patch I'm unaware of?
Old 01-09-2006, 11:38 AM   #4
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Hmmm, try the Baldurdash fixpacks as well. Do you have any mods installed?
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:54 PM   #5
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by AeonsLegend:
From what I read on the BG website the last patch is included in the ToB installation. Is there any other patch I'm unaware of?
*ehr* WRANG!

The latest SoA patch is applied, but not the latest ToB patch, update asap!

Also, download and install baldurdash fixpack, it clears some buggies.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:54 PM   #6
AeonsLegend
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok ToB patch didn't do anything, but the fixpack did something.

The Boots of speed only seem to affect the speed of your walking, not fighting like they did before.

When I attack it's like I'm not wearing the Boots of speed... that sucks, is it supposed to be like that?
Old 01-09-2006, 03:01 PM   #7
AeonsLegend
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Found this in the readme of the patch:

----
Boots Of Speed Fix

File BOOT01.ITM; a modified version of the item definition for the Boots Of Speed. Several bugs with the effect of these boots are resolved:

1) The item was defined as a permanent Haste spell with some flags altered, which suppressed a real Haste spell from being applied to the wearer
2) The effect doubled the initiative round. This meant that the first attack was wasted; a character with only one attack per round might stand around for up to two rounds before making the first attack
3) Because the doubled initiative round wasted the first attack, a character who tried a backstab would come out of invisibility before the first attack was actually made, leaving them vulnerable with an uninjured enemy
4) The most recently noticed effect: Haste in all forms suppresses off-hand attacks when dual-wielding, so wearing the unfixed Boots eliminated off-hand attacks

Many thanks to Beige Tangerine for improving the Boots fix to give the same movement bonus to all characters!
----

So I guess right now the Boots of speed do not give you an extra attack round and such, they just increase movement rate. Boy is Drizzt going to be pissed...
Old 01-12-2006, 04:10 AM   #8
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

the boots of speed are only meant to improve your walking speed, not your attack rate. in the item description, it only mentions running, not attacking faster, IIRC.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:29 PM   #9
AeonsLegend
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So why did it do that before the patch in both BGI and BGII?
Old 01-12-2006, 01:31 PM   #10
ister
Drow Warrior

According to baldurdash it was a bug. I think that information came from Gaider [sp?] who is the designer.
\" Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.\"<br />JFK
ister is offline   Reply With Quote