Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Favourite TORMENT character
Nameless one 6 28.57%
Anna 5 23.81%
Dakkon 4 19.05%
Morte 3 14.29%
Vhailor 2 9.52%
Ignus 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2004, 10:51 PM   #11
Azeral
Manshoon

The nameless one.he is put through so much and he still haves such a good sence of humor after it all.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:17 PM   #12
Nerull
Lord Ao

I definitely go Morte and Dak'kon, with Morte just slightly edging out Dak'kon due to his comic relief and usefulness in the game. Both are complex characters, both have mysterious pasts to discover, etc. Hard to choose, but have to go Morte.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 02-10-2004, 01:11 PM   #13
Szass-Tam
Zhentarim Guard

I'm not surprised to see Dakkon winning, although I might have expected Morte rater than Anna to be second.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:00 PM   #14
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Dakkon was my favorite, and his voice at the end movie put tears in my eyes. I loved that game. [img]smile.gif[/img]
By the way, did you know that Mr. Smith from X-Files did the voice? And Homer from Simpsons did the voice for Nordom. And the Pretender did the voice for The Nameless One.

Actually yes, Dak'kon was cool, especially because he had an Eastern style upgrading sword and he was a Fighter/Mage and he had a very personal religion, which (SPOILER) has very much to do with one of TNO's incarnations.

Morte had a nice comical value.

I liked Ignus because he was very original as a NPC(Then again, everybody in Torment is ) - With his great obsession over fire.

I know there once was an Estonian in IWF(the only one I've ever seen here) who was named Vhailor. (SPOILER) I liked Vhailor's philosophy - Divine judgement, no mercy for the weak, nothing is innocent. It was also nice to hear about him being a legend from other Mercykillers. And that his goal in life was to kill The Nameless One. And that you could kill him by proving that his existence is illogical.

Now that I think about it, Planescape: Torment was a true masterpiece. The soundtrack beats the BG series' soundtrack any time.