Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2002, 12:55 AM   #1
somebody
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hello,

im wondering how i should share my ankant(the things that give you a permanant stat increase when involked) i have my one wizard with 21 spiritual, 21 intellect amd 21 with the third one down on the list (cant remember). how much bonus do you get by going over 18 stat?

also i have a quick question about blessing and enchanting weapons. what is better blessing or enchanting? my preist has vine artifact with the toughen blessing, which sucks. what does all the other artifacts do for blessing and enchanting?

thanks,
someone
somebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 07:52 AM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

WEll intellect determines the number of skillpoints you get when you level up a character and some interactions like disarming and ability of sun and stonemagic. Spirituality determines mana and mana regeneration. Will (the third) is for resistance, ability for moon and fiend and bargaining amongst other things. I don´t know how much extra bonus they give after being raised over 18 but they should give you some...

Enchanting armour is for defensive meens,gives resistance, like a pair of boots with 80% resistance of fire, ice and magic. Enchanting weapons adds spell to the weapon, e.g. artifact of moon gives four charges of iceball to a sword. Blessing is VERY VERY useful!!! Art. of spirit gives you +1 hit or +1 regeneration (of hitpoints) and artifact of pain +damage for weapons or ac for armour! Artifact of vine gives toughen which mean less repair. Hope this helps!
Old 06-01-2002, 07:52 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi somebody!!

Raising stats will only benefit your character of course there is a limit on how high you can go. I can't quantify what the bonuses are but if you have the anhks by all means use them!

Check in the BEST TIPS thread for more information about enchanting and blessing. Truth be told, I never personally did much of this so I'm no expert on the effects of each of the artifacts skills. We have other posters here who will be able to give you some excellent advice on the topic!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 09:27 AM   #4
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Ok, When you achieve INT 24 you gain 6 skill points, when you rise a level.
I don't remember which Art of ? does what.
But placing magic spells on a weapon is redundant. If you can enchant it, then you can cast it. So, use blessings generously on weapons. Enchants on armor. Other items can be enchanted also. I have two custom made rings, both at +15 AC. Amulets help with some protects, but you have to learn and live with those. I found one the last time I was in Cets chamber, very powerful, IMHO the most powerful artifact yet to be discovered. Eye of Heaven. Protect everything +35%, AC +5, Hit +5. There are other items that are benefical, some just flat out junk.
Hope it helps.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 02:31 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Personally, I found that when I enchanted or blessed, all I cared about was protection (enchantment) and armor/damage/regeneration (blessing).

Weapons, I liked to bless to maximum damage. Armor, I like to bless to regeneration (only +3, IIRC), followed by armor (blessing, that is). Rings, bracelets, amulets -- protection and AC. Once I've gotten to 100% protection against the four types, I put it all into AC. Ever cast a meteorstorm or firestorm on the monster you're meleeing with? Sufficient protection means you don't feel a thing...

I found the weapon enchantments (flamestrike, etc.) to be less useful, since if I'm going to use a weapon, I generally want to hit something with it. Now, had I been able to enchant in a *storm spell, we'd be talking about something different...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 10:52 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Oh, yeah -- forgot to add one thing. I try to save ankhs until the associated skill is as high as I can train it. That means level 20 for everything but fortitude and will, IIRC.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 05:29 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

Also, you can train PRE only to 18 in temples (by means of donations, next donations do not increase PRE).
Main benefits from the stats known to me:
INT: skill points per level up. INT 24 = 6 points, 20 = 5 points, 16 = 4 points, etc.
SPI: mana gained per added spell to your spellbook during level up. Number of points added = SPI. Also, you get the same amount of mana as a free bonus until you have too much spells in general and until you reach certain limit. You start getting the bonus again during SOME leveling up when you reach level 50 or so. Note: if you add a spell using a book of magic then you get considerably less mana!
WIL: rate of mana recovery.
PRE: none!
STR: carrying capacity, ability to use weapons requiring some minimal STR, added damage?
DEX, AGI: they improve your "hit", "parry" and "speed" stats.
FOR: rate of HP recovery?
Summary: it's always a good idea to push all your stats to 24. Do not haste with ankhs. Wait until you finish your training the stats in the guilds (STR, DEX, AGI, INT, SPI 20, PRE 18) and until you finish improving them during leveling up (WIL, FOR 18). Exception: change role requirements.
Old 06-03-2002, 02:23 PM   #8
WillowIX
Apophis

Excellent Radek! There is no other word!!
Old 06-03-2002, 02:42 PM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Radek:
Also, you can train PRE only to 18 in temples (by means of donations, next donations do not increase PRE).
Main benefits from the stats known to me:
INT: skill points per level up. INT 24 = 6 points, 20 = 5 points, 16 = 4 points, etc.
SPI: mana gained per added spell to your spellbook during level up. Number of points added = SPI. Also, you get the same amount of mana as a free bonus until you have too much spells in general and until you reach certain limit. You start getting the bonus again during SOME leveling up when you reach level 50 or so. Note: if you add a spell using a book of magic then you get considerably less mana!
WIL: rate of mana recovery.
PRE: none!
STR: carrying capacity, ability to use weapons requiring some minimal STR, added damage?
DEX, AGI: they improve your "hit", "parry" and "speed" stats.
FOR: rate of HP recovery?
Summary: it's always a good idea to push all your stats to 24. Do not haste with ankhs. Wait until you finish your training the stats in the guilds (STR, DEX, AGI, INT, SPI 20, PRE 18) and until you finish improving them during leveling up (WIL, FOR 18). Exception: change role requirements.
Great information to put into the BEST TIPS thread - hint hint

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 02:45 PM   #10
So So
Zhentarim Guard

i was going through the same dilemma when i started the game but once you clear the Boogre cave crypt you can get the golden lamp of alababa(spelling?) and he can give you a lot of unlimited attribute gains if you know how to use the lamp..........