Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2001, 06:37 AM   #1
Pangur Ban

Did anyone else find the Stout mines just a little, err, odd? Perhaps better discribed as lack of attention to detail or poor NPC AI?

( Sarcasm field engaged, Captain Picard .. )

"The ore pile is not working" Wouldn't a statement like "This ore contains nothing further of value" sound better ??

Excuse me stout guards, I'll just walk out of this vault and leave all these empty chests behind. I'm sure you won't actually do anything, like attack, or raise an alarm ... Maybe they thought because they didn't see me go into the vault, I couldn't have walked out of the vault?

Oh noble King Freyadies, allow my to demostate my pickpocketing talents by stealing the lump of dragon ore you are currently forging - I'm sure you won't even notice!!

Ooh, scary, a cavern full of nasty hot lava! Perhaps we should just play leap frog from rock to rock. Nah, too much like hard work. Lets just walk around the walls instead. The fact that they are on a cliff-like angle shouldn't make any difference at all to keep our footing and avoid sliding down to the waiting lava ...

( Disengaging sarcasm field )

-----------------------------------------------
Pangur Ban.

Pangur Ban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 09:28 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

(grin)

I shared those same thoughts! I also didn't like the lever puzzle. It was a simple puzzle in and of itself but a pain because of the winding paths and the auto map feature which doesn't really display what you need to see. Not a "fun" puzzle.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 04:14 AM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

Yes, I agree. The Stout mines are really silly. One good news: The Dragon Armor survives the game reset!! Therefore, you must absolve the whole thing only once. Since then, you can inherit the Dragon Armor from game to game and enter the mines only when you want and spend your time there only until you become bored.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 10:27 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

Wyvern,
if you mean the Skull Castle, then:
1. Climb the chain near the final exit from the puzzle and exit the puzzle. It will need some attempts but it IS possible to do it and it IS faster to do it than trying to reach and flip the levers.
2. Click all three levers there. All parts of the chain bridges will go up. Now, you can investigate the whole area without losing your nerves with the levers and with the chain bridges.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote