Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2004, 10:47 AM   #1
Ironbar
Manshoon

I am finishing off some quests before i go to underdark with a good party. My rep is 17 and i am one point away from jaheira wanting to leave. My party consists of:
Me- Thief
Minsc
Sir Anomen
Jaheira
Eerie
Nalia

Possible spoilers******

I cannot decide between swapping j for a fighter (keldorn/mazzy/valygar) or drop her for yoshimo and bring Imoen back in. I have never been beyond chapter 6 and i don't know how comfortable i would be with only 2 high hp characters. Or should i replace Nalia with eerie and j for a fighter. Any help welcomed!
Ironbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 10:56 AM   #2
Dayhawk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

personally i would take mazzy. she's both ranged support with a bow and an up front tank. she'll be very helpful and all that good stuff. i've never taken valygar, so i can't give an opinion, and i just don't like keldorn. heh.
Dayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:00 AM   #3
Feral
Elminster

I don't quite follow - why is Jaheira going to want to leave? [Ed: If you're concerned that your reputation is getting too high for Jaheira's liking, then you've been reading misinformed walkthroughs She's fine with your reputation at maximum]

The answer to your question depends on how comfortable you are with spells. As it is, you have enough spellcasters to do just fine for the rest of the game. Are you using either Mincs or Anomen as a tank? If so, I'd suggest a ranged figher (like Valygar - I've always been partial to him, or Mazzy). IMHO, Jaheira is difficult to replace because of the combination of druid spells and fighting abilities.

[ 03-15-2004, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Feral ]
Old 03-15-2004, 11:10 AM   #4
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

ehhh...I don't understand; why do you want to drop Jaheira? why would she want to leave? She'll only leave the party permanently if you're romancing her and screwing it up big time. Otherwiese, she'll just leave and come back following the storyline.

currently you have a pretty decent party; you can keep Jaheira and later get Imone back to replace Nalia if you wish.
If you just don't like Jaheira...then, personally I like Mazzy the most, but Keldon and Valygar are also very powerful and useful (in one of my current games, I have both Mazzy and Valygar in my party, Mazzy is now both 5 stars in short bow and short sword, and Valygar dual wielding CFury and his own Corthala Family Blade which are so powerful that it feels like cheating [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

[ 03-15-2004, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: teardropmina ]
Old 03-15-2004, 12:24 PM   #5
Sancho Pans
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well as you are discussing party members I need advice with mine..

Me - Wizard Slayer
Minsc
Viconia
Jaheira
Jan
Edwin

So...as you probably see I like spellcasters...
Though I want to take Mazzi or Valigar in...
which one should I drop out..I'm in romance with Viconia..
Old 03-15-2004, 12:43 PM   #6
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Sancho Pans:
Well as you are discussing party members I need advice with mine..

Me - Wizard Slayer
Minsc
Viconia
Jaheira
Jan
Edwin

So...as you probably see I like spellcasters...
Though I want to take Mazzi or Valigar in...
which one should I drop out..I'm in romance with Viconia..
youll just have to decide what you want to do. I notice that you have alot of tanking potential, aswell as spellcasting pot. You cant really throw any wizards out, 'cause Jan is part thief and Edwin is the best mage in the game( [img]smile.gif[/img] ). You might also consider what weapons you are using for each party member, e.g. if your PC is using a 2-handed weapon, as well as minsc, while viccy is a "sword and shield" user and Jaheira a dual-wielder, you might want to dump Minsc for Mazzy, who could be the ranged support(G-mastery in S-bows + Tuigan bow = alot of pincushions ).

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:46 PM   #7
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Ironbar:
I am finishing off some quests before i go to underdark with a good party. My rep is 17 and i am one point away from jaheira wanting to leave. My party consists of:
Me- Thief
Minsc
Sir Anomen
Jaheira
Eerie
Nalia

Possible spoilers******

I cannot decide between swapping j for a fighter (keldorn/mazzy/valygar) or drop her for yoshimo and bring Imoen back in. I have never been beyond chapter 6 and i don't know how comfortable i would be with only 2 high hp characters. Or should i replace Nalia with eerie and j for a fighter. Any help welcomed!
well, you dont have anyone who can exceed specialization in any weapon, so you might want to consider swapping Minsc/Jaheira for Mazzy/Korgan...both deadly fighters

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:54 PM   #8
Sancho Pans
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm currently using Minsc(2handed weapons),Jaheira(Scimitar + shield) and the PG(Katanas shield) as tanks..Edwin and Viconia use Slings and Jan uses his self made crossbow....
I'm in chapter 3 in Umar Hills and I have to take Valygar in so I can open the Planar sphere(I don't want to kill him and take his body)
This is my second time trough the game and I really want to try Valygar and Mazzi but i also like my current companions..grr
Maybe I'll kick out Jaheira...dunno..

[ 03-15-2004, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Sancho Pans ]
Old 03-15-2004, 01:16 PM   #9
Ironbar
Manshoon

I got the info regarding rep from six's rep table. It implies that at higher level rep. nuetral characters (j=true nuetral) will become unhappy.

I have played her before and she always becomes very unhappy and wants me to be less good.
Ironbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:22 PM   #10
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Jaheira just says that because of her whole 'balance' speil. She's not actually unhappy, quite the opposite in fact.

Mazzy and Valygar do have some interesting dialogues...
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote