Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2005, 09:18 PM   #71
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
I so love hummingbirds. Thing is I cannot use those hummingbird feeders that you hang from tree limbs, cause the dang squirrels chew the rope and it falls to the ground. Grrrr. I love squirrels, feed them too, which really irks me cause they are already some fat bastaids cause of me, why go for some syrupy goo you don't want anyways!! Again, grrr. I'd so love to attract humming birds to my back yard. Don't they love the color red? Can you plant a ton of red flowers and possibly attract them, or does it have to be a certain kind of plant they can feed from?
If you want to know the answer to this question; you know you must search for the plantman.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:24 PM   #72
Violet
Manshoon

They like tubular flowers ladyzekke - red orange and yellow. Unless you make your own sugar water, the retail syrup mixes will break you anyway.

Here is a site I just found that gives some types of flowers you can plant to attract them. It's based in PA - not too far from you - at least the same relative climate year round (aloe vera is the most common flower here for attracting them).
I googled "flowers that attract hummingbirds" in case you want to search further.
http://aginfo.psu.edu/News/may99/humm.html

I broke my tea jar in the kitchen earlier. I am all done with the final glass hunt on the floor - now all that's left is a good mopping and a trip out to the shed to dig out a replacement.
I probably won't be back tonight, I ate too fast or too much and now I have a slight tummy ache (could be all that crawling around on the floor with wet paper towels right after eating that did it too!). Anyway, I think my tummy ache is a call to curl up with some (vanilla) ice cream and a movie LOL! I'll finally get to Hidalgo tonight I guess. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Troy (the first of two planned movies Tuesday night) was waaaaay too long. I did like the way Orlando Bloom portrayed a coward though! Nice transition he did as a bowman too between the adept Legolas in LoTR and the frightened, sloppy, nearly inept Paris in Troy. I liked it (in spite of its tremendous length).

[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Goodnight!

Edit* remembered while on my way to the shed that I forgot to clarify "as a bowman" ha ha

[ 03-04-2005, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Violet ]
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 09:29 PM   #73
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Hey, all. Wont be around much, 'cause i get to go to Florida for SPRING BREAK!!! Woot!! Anyways, doing some laundry, now, and getting packed. I leave in... (checks time) in about 5 hours. Well, peace out, and enjoy my absence! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 05:51 AM   #74
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

My mum is going to get me a tube bandage or something, so when she gets back it'll be all wrapped up [img]smile.gif[/img]

It hurts all the time except if my hand is flat on something (no weight on it), which is a pain. And it's the hand I write with, so it's terrible timing with 7 exams from Monday till the following Monday
Old 03-05-2005, 10:37 AM   #75
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Good morning, all. Cool and foggy, here, but it's supposed to clear off. I am working until noon, hope it is nice and busy.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:56 AM   #76
philip
Galvatron

Had a great party! Very good dj who mixed a lot of styles and security was good too cause they allowed pits when there were some heavier songs. Bit hungover but it's getting better already. Should have thought about it that I hadn't slept much last days when I bought the coins for drinks there.

Iveliis at our school people who can't write good during exams can sometimes make it at a laptop or computer maybe that might help?
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 11:07 AM   #77
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I won't get a laptop, my school is evil [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The exams aren't official, they are GCSE (exams done when 16) questions but on the topics we have already done, made by the school. It's in the main hall with the exam desks out etc.

The only thing they MIGHT do is let me have more time. This new bandage might get me more sympathy

My English and History will be the hardest, lots of writing in them two. The others are simply answer questions in the box, a few lines writing max per question.

My (Applied) ICT exam is from 1pm till 4pm *groan*. Although it is all done on PC's, which is handy
Old 03-05-2005, 11:53 AM   #78
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I'm scanning my computer at the moment and Avast has found one virus. I hope that is the only one.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 03:51 PM   #79
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I don't need a virus, I have DSL to ruin my day.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:36 PM   #80
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
I don't need a virus, I have DSL to ruin my day.
Erm what? You mean that becuase of DSL you get lots of viruses or what? Me confused.
Anyway it's 10.32 PM here and I'm watching Pimp my ride then I'll go to bed.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote