Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2001, 10:47 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hello kind travelers!

The other day, Memnoch visited one of the boards I frequent and kindly invited me to check out "General Discussions". I am impressed with the talent and insight present here.

I am "Sazerac", and am the moderator of the newly-created Wizardry 8 board (which is slow right now, but hopefully will be picking up speed once the game is released). However, most of my time here is spent on the Wizards and Warriors board, where I provide a lot of online help for others.

I've been gaming since the early 80's, both table-top and CRPG, and have frequented the Internet since about 1995 on a regular basis. I must say that I am very favorably impressed with all the Ironworks forums that I have been on, for the maturity of responses and the comradeship they offer. Very few forums on the 'net are as friendly, I daresay.

I've enjoyed reading the storylines; as I said before, much wonderful talent here! I will definitely be stopping back by from time to time, and may be able to contribute a little as well.

Anyway, I just wanted to say "hello" to everyone and introduce myself. Hopefully I will becoming more familiar with you all.

Warm regards,
Sazerac
Old 03-20-2001, 10:51 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Hi Sazerac, welcome!!

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-20-2001, 10:57 PM   #3
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Welcome Sazerac, hope you have fun here.

------------------

<font size=1> In the memory of a friend. </font>
Old 03-20-2001, 11:41 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Hello kind travelers!

The other day, Memnoch visited one of the boards I frequent and kindly invited me to check out "General Discussions". I am impressed with the talent and insight present here.

I am "Sazerac", and am the moderator of the newly-created Wizardry 8 board (which is slow right now, but hopefully will be picking up speed once the game is released). However, most of my time here is spent on the Wizards and Warriors board, where I provide a lot of online help for others.

I've been gaming since the early 80's, both table-top and CRPG, and have frequented the Internet since about 1995 on a regular basis. I must say that I am very favorably impressed with all the Ironworks forums that I have been on, for the maturity of responses and the comradeship they offer. Very few forums on the 'net are as friendly, I daresay.

I've enjoyed reading the storylines; as I said before, much wonderful talent here! I will definitely be stopping back by from time to time, and may be able to contribute a little as well.

Anyway, I just wanted to say "hello" to everyone and introduce myself. Hopefully I will becoming more familiar with you all.

Warm regards,
Sazerac
YUO HUV FOR SHTARSH????? AND YUO CLAIM TO BE NEW COMER???? LIAR!!!!

"Lying for selfish reasons were the fertil dirt of immorality, from which sprouted the tendrils of evil"

MARK ME WORDSH!!! DONT LIE TO TWO FIFDY DA WISHE!!! LIAR SHALL PELISH IN FLONT ME PENERTLATIN EYESH!!!

heh don't mind me, welcome
Old 03-21-2001, 12:01 AM   #5
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

hullo! hope you enjoy yur stay. if you like, i can make an accomodation in the Moon's Hope Inn. prices are low, cheap drinks, and you will be rich with friends.

------------------

I...AM...BAHAMUT...AND IT IS YOU PEOPLE...I FEAR
Old 03-21-2001, 12:05 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hullo, Sazerac!

BEEP BEEP, Ironworks Welcome Wagon coming through!

I'm Cloudbringer, but uh, you'll see I have a penchant for collecting names and have been given many by the denizens of our board. Memnoch invited you? Well jolly good for him! I owe him a big fat ! He's been nagging me to go to the BG2 board so I obliged him and now here he is bringing people to my favorite haunt, the General Discussion forum!

I've been around Ironworks as a lurker for about 6 months. Never got into the Forums til early this year. Came for the BG2 info after having used Ironworks for IWD info before that.

I'll check out your forum, although I don't know about Wizards and Warriors. Are you a BG2 fan or IWD player, by any chance? Love a good book? Have a good joke? A funny story, real or imaginary? Imaginary playmates? A dog, a cat? Children?

HAHAHA...I'm not being nosey (ok, ok, I DO tend to be nosey...snicker), I want to find things we can talk about!

Look for a thread called Icebreaker The next Generation, I think it's floating around here someplace. It has info about a lot of us in it. The original Icebreaker series may be in the BG2 forum, as it was on the old board before we launched ubb. That has posts by many of us telling about ourselves. It could be useful for you. I believe the old one was in two parts. I started it, so search under my name or the Icebreaker title if you like.

Melusine has some good posts that help us know each other better too. Often they were polls. So search for her things as well. Now all that said,I'll admit you'd be reading til doomsday if you do look them up! You a speed reader Sazerac? teehee...Could you tell me about your nickname? Where is it from and what made you choose it?

Oh, and I made mine up, but was thinking of Storms and Memnoch re-named me the StormQueen. I liked it, so it's another 'official' nick for me. There are threads on why people chose their nicknames too...

You can easily be overwhelmed here. But don't be. Enjoy it, it's a fantastic place. Full of good people. You'll find all kinds of posts from serious and philisophical to totally hysterical and just plain cute. All in all, a nice slice of life.

Cloudy

------------------
Storm-Queen
Purple Rose of the Black Knight

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 03-21-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 03-21-2001).]
Old 03-21-2001, 12:14 AM   #7
sylent
Emerald Dragon

A very special Velcome to you!

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Thief of the OHF
Old 03-21-2001, 12:43 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Saz, welcome to the asylum!

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-21-2001, 12:49 AM   #9
JJ/newbie

Welcome to the board and the Adventurer's Cafe, Sazerac. Always room for someone I can pester about questions on why I can't get my computer to do what I want it to.

------------------
When given a choice, take both.

Old 03-21-2001, 04:08 AM   #10
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi there and welcome into the turmoil called "General Discussion"

------------------

Do electric wolves dream of electric sheep?