Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2001, 01:46 PM   #11
Moiraine
Anubis

The best moment would be a good laugh somewhere in the temple ruins, when my husband wanted to try an item (potion, spell, object ability, I did not pay attention) that shapechanged someone into a rat, then he tried it on Anomen ...
and just figure the rat, running and squeaking around, and suddenly starting to say "I am pleased at the results that this ill-conceived party yadayadayada ..."
Ha, even remembering makes me laugh to tears.
Old 01-20-2001, 01:58 PM   #12
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Favorite moment will definitely have to be Edwin and the Nether Scroll. After the tranformation, all the mocking from the other NPCs to just talking to the elven dude (who always hits on your female NPCs near the bar in Coppers Cornet, and YES, get Edwin to talk to him). Just make sure you SAVE the game before letting Edwina talk to him, classic Shakespean tragedy.......
Old 01-20-2001, 02:57 PM   #13
Eddith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm only on chapter 2 but I have two moments that really stand out in my mind so far. The first was when I killed Firkraag and got the Holy Avenger. The second is just something funny that happened... I ran into an Elemental Lich who gated in a Pit Fiend and then the dumbass cast a Meteor Storm spell and killed his own summoned beastie. Now that was something I enjoyed watching alot.. after
killing his pit fiend he then kicked my ass.. now that wasnt so funny

Eddith
Old 01-21-2001, 01:12 AM   #14
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Maybe the Kangaxx thing. I feared him for all of you people say that he is one hell of a lich right? So I venture that place. gave him all the crap, and then the battle ensued. The first form. Had a hard time. Aerie and Jan were like casting crap... oh! I mean Jaheira Viconia and Aerie. Kangaxx casted time stop, then pelted jan with all those stupid interprid spells!!! He ded... so We managed to beat the hell out the forst form. The second form. I let Aerie anticipate it by letting her cast some spells. And then sfter the talk, I hit Kangaxx, the first hit, and hez dead. how disappointing, and yet I laughed triumphantly!!! : )
Old 01-25-2001, 09:37 PM   #15
cloudbringer

Would most definitely have to be this last time I was playing on one of the games I have going. My party is in the Temple Ruins, scattered around the lava pool and heading for the far room with the shade and suddenly Keldorn starts a speech about following the dictates of the four virtues and Jan starts telling him about the book his mother, Keldy, wrote on virtue - something about the virtues of erotic love with at title like the Sins of the flesh golem. Keldorn tells him his jest isn't appropriate and Jan just keeps on going deeper and deeper saying it was a bestseller with the Paladin wifes! hahahaha

I did feel sorry for Keldorn a bit, since I'd told him to do the tribunal choice. Still couldn't stop chuckling, though!

Old 01-25-2001, 09:59 PM   #16
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Haven't finish the game yet, but so far my most memorable moment was actually fighting the demon Balor in the Drow City. He pounded me with spells, only 3 of my party could damage him with their weapons. The fight went on and on. It was late at night and I was tired and had a few drinks, so I wasn't exactly caring at that time about having the "perfect" fight wherein I reloaded and reloaded until I conquered the enemy without any casualties. So I just kept going. Eventually everyone but my main character and Minsc was stunned (BTW, what the hell spell cures "Stun"?, Dispel Magic ain't it that's for sure). Everyone was meandering around as if they were visiting a flea market, and it was utterly ridiculous. My main character didn't have a weapon that would hurt Balor, and was out of spells. Minsc's portrait was up to his eyeballs in red. I just thought "F*** it" and let Minsc at him (Balor) red and all, and he actually killed him. As time passed by everyone recovered from their stun spell. Whew!

ps - what's up with the wife looking for her husband in the Copper Coronet? Is there any way to solve their "problem" or does it always end in death, be it the wife or the mistress?
Old 01-25-2001, 10:27 PM   #17
Malla Gabriel

the best.... it went like this.....SPOILER

I stood before the door, the tears in my hands, looking back i saw that Jahera saying a prayer, Imoen with a unsual grim look on her face. Aries walked up and kiss me, gentle wispering comferting words in my ear, as she moved back Minsc move to her side. sighing i aproched the door, with a flash the tears vanished, i felt power moving through me, like the whole plathon of my gods shining on me. sudennly the door opened, a burst of energy forsced us back. Jolanth, his face cruel, his lips move and more boasts erupted from it, steeling them selves with words of battle, we attack, the spell we perpaired burst forth striking his body viontly, bleeding he ran leaving his pets to face us, summing a geine is wish for time to stop, and unleased more spells two deamons fell, but when the spells stoped Minsc was struck down but took the deamon with him, Imeon using a time stop scroll summon her sacruim and pelted the deoman with spells and arrows the fell creature died. the Jonalth repeard, Areis using her scroll of time stop, healed the party and russuted minsc with her wand, the using Kelbans Warding whip i striped him of his powers and we attacked my spell rocking him back, the power of my followers over came him. but he arose and summonimg the powers of my gods and my father i screamed out and destored his form, impriosing his soul in a hell of my creation.

Old 01-25-2001, 10:34 PM   #18
Armisael

Said it before and I'll say it again; the spectator beholder in the Sahuagin City.

Old 01-25-2001, 10:41 PM   #19
G.W.

I had a thought--can you visit Keldorn's wife in the prison in the temple district? Perhaps you can get them back together again if you chose the Tribunal path.

Old 01-25-2001, 11:03 PM   #20
cloudbringer

There's a prison in the Temple District? If I find it, I'll try, GW and let you know.