Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2001, 11:26 PM   #1
neons69
Welcomed New User

I have a problem with moving a statue in front of the altar of anephas. I know I have to either carry it or push it, but somehow, it seems to be lodged in place on the stairs to the shrine, I can't move it from any agle, pushing or carrying. Any ideas.

Thanks,

Greg
neons69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 11:37 PM   #2
Moni

Greg,

Let me at least welcome you to the forum! I can't help you with your present dilema, but someone who knows will come along soon!

Moni
Old 04-08-2001, 11:49 PM   #3
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

try carrying then turn around and walk forward. this can usually make the statue appear right in front of you. BTW are the staues coming up on the carry list when you click carry then on them. If not you might have the wrong statues. If so it is the ones right next to the door as you enter.
BlackAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 11:59 PM   #4
neons69
Welcomed New User

I have tried turning around and they are the guardian statues, they aren't in the original places, I have moved them before, it just seems that I have gotten this one stuck somehow.

Nothing wors when carrying, when you turn around they disappear from the carry indicator, and when you walk too far backward thy also disappear.

anymore ideas?

Thanking you all again.

Greg
Old 04-09-2001, 12:05 AM   #5
Moni

(wincing) how far back is your last saved game prior to moving the one that got stuck? Sometimes we have to go back and try all over again.

(Not to say that this is the ONLY solution! There are others on this forum who are far more knowledgable than myself, they just aren't here!)

Try doing a search on the word "statue" and see what you come up with in past threads that may hold the answer you are looking for. I don't remember if this is some documented bug that not everyone has to deal with but a search may clue you in as to whether or not you need to go back and re-load a prior saved game or if perhaps, the Mighty Wyvern can help you out of this jam.

Moni

Good Luck Greg!
Old 04-09-2001, 12:05 AM   #6
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

You might try saving, exiting, and reloading. Sometimes this will reset a flag for such objects (in my experience) and they become carryable again.

Rick
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 07:16 AM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I have heard of at least 4 people with this problem (the first guy went beserk and flamed all and sundry before his thread got killed and he was excommuncated by the forum gods). I am struggling to recall the solution - I am pretty sure that Wyv was successful in helping the last time this happened. I am only guessing from memory, but I seem to recall that that was the problem (ie a memory / hardware system related issue). As I said, I could be barking up the wrong tree, but I seem to recall him posting a game to Wyv, and she just loaded it, walked through and picked the statue out of the way and posted the game back. I remember it being something simple like that, because I thought at the time about old Nek02 and his super dummy spit, and how he might have avoided all that pain if he had simply asked for some help.

OK, that's from my fuzzy memory - over to someone else now.

Regards
Davros
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 09:22 AM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

What exactly are the statues blocking that you need to move them?

As noted, this has happened to other players.
The amount of memory you have on your machine can play a difference - how much do you have? How big is your swap file?

If you save and reload as suggested - save it to a different SLOT just in case. If none of the above suggestions help, feel free to email me a zipped copy of your gamexx.sav (no other files) and I will see if I can't get those pesky statues out of your way.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 09:54 AM   #9
neons69
Welcomed New User

Well, thanks for all the help, nothing seemed to work, so I did go back, it had been a while since my last save, but past that point now, thanks again everyone,BTW I have 512 Meg of Ram, on a 1 Gig Thunderbird, everything else is still moveable, and it was blocking the beam of light for the ashes.

Thanks again everyone for all your help.

Greg

Old 04-09-2001, 09:56 AM   #10
Moni

Greg,

Glad you got the problem solved!

Moni