Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2002, 10:41 AM   #1
perk31
Manshoon

Just curious what spells you have found to be the most usefull throughout the game.

Mine is magic missile, low level that grows in power with you.

[ 09-09-2002, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: perk31 ]
Old 09-09-2002, 06:53 PM   #2
Atrayu
The Magister

Alright! Now were talking perk.

Greater Stoneskin (Transmutation) really has helped me out alot. It's probably the one I have used the most and trusted upon. Combine it with other "defensive spells" and then summon a elemental. Transform yourself into the same elemental if possible, and confuse your enemy long enough to summon some kind of Creature to help engauge in your melee attacks for you, quickcasting, silently as possible.
Being able to Shapechange into a Red Dragon was a great feat I thought would pan out but if any of you read my prior thread we all seem a little let down with that. Heck, even in WIZ 8 a breath attack was enabled very nicely.

What are you Wizards doing out there?

Atrayu
Old 09-09-2002, 08:18 PM   #3
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Atrayu:
Alright! Now were talking perk.

Greater Stoneskin (Transmutation) really has helped me out alot. It's probably the one I have used the most and trusted upon. Combine it with other "defensive spells" and then summon a elemental. Transform yourself into the same elemental if possible, and confuse your enemy long enough to summon some kind of Creature to help engauge in your melee attacks for you, quickcasting, silently as possible.
Being able to Shapechange into a Red Dragon was a great feat I thought would pan out but if any of you read my prior thread we all seem a little let down with that. Heck, even in WIZ 8 a breath attack was enabled very nicely.

What are you Wizards doing out there?

Atrayu
I'm a Druid, and I have to say, Atrayu, that Premonition is WAY better than Greater Stoneskin. I like Shapechange: Death Slaad because slaads are awesome, and you do wicked damage. Call lightning is cool, and so is Storm of Vengeance. But the one I REALLY like is Ice Storm. It's awesome!
Old 09-10-2002, 10:53 AM   #4
perk31
Manshoon

What we really need, or maybe I just haven't seen it yet, is a chain spell ala BGII that would let you cast four or five spells at once. I loved Sharwyn's ability to buff you with about 4 different things in one round.
Old 09-10-2002, 02:33 PM   #5
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Well in my experiance horrid writing or icestorm or cone of cold are great attack not to mention chain lightning. Other than that it depends on your playing style.
Old 09-10-2002, 02:52 PM   #6
magnetism
Manshoon

The easy answer:
--Fire-freeking-ball --

If I was going to think about my anwser:
I am waiting for bigby's clinched fist or crushing hand..
But meteor swarm...disintigrate, tensors transformation, and stoneskin!
Old 09-10-2002, 03:52 PM   #7
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

My favorite is three words:
Azbidams Horrid Wilting
Old 09-10-2002, 06:07 PM   #8
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

"Heal" its saved my chars ass more times then I care to remember... (well you didnt say "mage spells" or "clerics"...) fav mage spell, I really like "wall of fire" great spell that stupid goblins... I wonder... MP... if a amge cast that... then a ranged char(s) could just pick em off... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 07:51 PM   #9
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Initially, I like Time Stop and Gate, but now I like Meteor Swarm/Fireball (delayed preferred), and/or Chain Lightning. For my own character, I like casting Elemental Shield, Premonition, & Invisibility Sphere. Darkness is kinda cool too, but only as a party trick. LOL. Nothing like casting darkness over and over and watching the field of darkness grow. As for Heal, I have a ring that allows me to cast this up to 3/day. Whenever I multi-play, I carry this with me to help out myself or a party member. The last item is my favorite. I carry it everywhere I go. I have a book I picked up from Lake of Linaria that allows me to Resurrect 3/day. I have scrolls of resurrection too, but using the book helps save on backpack space. LOL. For effects, Wail of the Banshee is cool and so is Weird. Don't know why, but sometimes when I cast Weird, I die myself (this is on servers that don't have PvP). So I try to use Weird only when I am out of other spells (I've heard that Weird can really tax a server too, so that's another reason I try not to use it much.)

Favorite Spell: Meteor Swarm

[ 09-11-2002, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Tobbin ]
Old 09-11-2002, 12:43 PM   #10
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

[/QUOTE]I'm a Druid, and I have to say, Atrayu, that Premonition is WAY better than Greater Stoneskin. I like Shapechange: Death Slaad because slaads are awesome, and you do wicked damage. Call lightning is cool, and so is Storm of Vengeance. But the one I REALLY like is Ice Storm. It's awesome![/QB][/QUOTE]

Yes, I must agree Willard, I'm a druid and I find those spells to be exellent, but heres some advice if you havent already done it. When choosing feats choose maximize spell and Empower spell, it makes your ice storm do DOUBLE damage!! and makes your call lightning as good as any 5th level druid spell!!
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote