Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2001, 01:03 AM   #11
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Ye gods and FIRESTONES, Scronan, that's a gorgeous screenshot! Belongs in a gallery somewhere!

Just out of curiosity, though, isn't the Axe of Demons cursed? If not, my mistake.

-Sazerac

P.S. Where on EARTH did you find a "Blade Cuisinart" in W&W?? Or did you just name one of the upgradable swords that? If so, good going!

"S"
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 03:42 AM   #12
Qbas
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am bit annoyed for RPG games that don't make wide selection of weapons for example: in Baldur's Gate 2 there are only few axes (2 or 3 good ones) and allmost all really good weapons are swords...and because i myself love axes that's why i'm bit annoyed for the lack of good axes in RPG's (the ones i have played)
Qbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 12:05 PM   #13
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi Saz,

Nice to hear from you! You know, is there a "screenshots" section anywhere on the site? It might be a fun thing to do, I've been collecting a lot of funny ones (like tossing cockroaches turned to stone around and the like), or maybe a place with pics of our best or favorite characters?

Yes, that Axe is really "The Devil's Axe" and it is cursed. But, my character was also wearing the Vampire Ring (not a vampire though) and I didn't notice much happening to him with a double curse going on.

It was disappointing though, I was able to enchant a +2 Battle Mace to the same level as that axe (17-62), and combined with a Main Gauche +2 (45 damage), a character can dish out damage like no tomorrow.

Well, I did more research, and found out that the Bloodslinger does only 7-21 damage (+2 enchant), and can only be enchanted to max of 69 damage.

So, it looks like ye olde Wizards Blade is the most powerful weapon at 74 damage, unless there is another anyone can think of? What about the Assassin's Dagger, I think it can go up pretty high as well. There's a combo, a fully enchanted Assassin's Dagger, and Talon's Fang, I'll give that a try. Hmm, is the Assassin's Dagger an accesory (2nd) weapon? I forget...

Ah yes, that "Blade Cuisinart" is a suped up Main Gauche +2. I also have a throwing knife called Aram's Knife (BT2), Blade of Biting (W1) and a lot of other funny ones.

Its fun to make crazy weapons....but it is a bummer that the axes are so under powered. I think there should be regular, unenchantable/unblessable weapons that are just as good if not better than ones you can make!

Take care,

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 04:51 PM   #14
skywalker
Banned User

Devil's Axe, huh?

I've been looking in my Wonderful (?) Tome of Misinformation (hint book) for this axe and find no reference to it. I wonder how many other neat items were not listed in this "Official" Strategy Guide. Considering the poor job they did on the rest of it, it should be no surprise!

Hi Saz! Hi Scronan! Hi Wyvern!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 01:20 AM   #15
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Devil's Axe, huh?

I've been looking in my Wonderful (?) Tome of Misinformation (hint book) for this axe and find no reference to it. I wonder how many other neat items were not listed in this "Official" Strategy Guide. Considering the poor job they did on the rest of it, it should be no surprise!

Hi Saz! Hi Scronan! Hi Wyvern!

Mark
Many skywalker, many... I found a LOT of weapons in the game that are very powerful or just plain interesting and were not listed. And the armor is even MORE incomplete. I think the Tome of Misinformation could also be called the Tome of Missing Information.

-Jafin

------------------

Proud Citizen of the United States of America
The Original Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Proprietor of the Boogre Bar
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote