Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2001, 07:12 AM   #1
Odin von Kassel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Where is the raptor egg, exactly and are there more then one. I need six of them! I want to make all my party rangers to obtain some traits within. After that, I want to make them bards. Where can I found, in the temple, the scrolls for it? It's cool to go throug all the elite rolls. I begane with 2 warriors, 2 wizards, one priest and one rogue. Now, all of them are level 7 barbarians, after were level 10 in there rolls.
Odin von Kassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 07:23 AM   #2
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

There's a raptor and one egg in the northern clearing along the Snake River south of the Caves of Ishad N'ha. The raptor only appears once you've accepted the quest for Ranger ascension.

Other raptors can be found much later in the game in the Western Seas area.

Xignal
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 07:56 AM   #3
Odin von Kassel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

10x very much Xignal. Now, I am at the University, but when I'll go home, I'll go 4 the egg Can I advance more then one character if I get just one egg? I guess not.
Old 09-24-2001, 08:05 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Odin Von Kassel!!!

The Raptors and eggs are off the west side of Snake River, south of the Oracle Caves, north of Nymph Lake - pretty much midway. Hope you find them!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 08:48 AM   #5
Odin von Kassel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Tnx Wyv 4 the hint. And what about the bard ascending quest? Can I "upgrade" more then one character when is an item-thing quest? Like - very important - the samurai baton.
Old 09-24-2001, 08:51 AM   #6
skywalker
Banned User

If you haven't patched the game, you can "pass the baton" too each candidate while the master is talking. Otherwise you need a baton for each character!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 09:07 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

The samuria quest is one of the few item quests that regenerates as a new character is given the quest. I think you would have to do it one by one rather than "in mass" if you've patched your game. If not, Skywalker is quite correct, you can pass the baton around.

I've never done the Bard quest so have no idea if the scroll will regenerate when someone new gets the quest. Any one know for certain??

Wyv

Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 10:27 AM   #8
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi Odin,

Hail mighty one!

There is a much easier way to get Raptor eggs, if you have a Warlock (or a Bard) with the level 3 Fiend spell of Summon Creature. Just cast this spell, and after a few tries you will call out some Raptors. Then, using a Rogue or anyone with Pickpocketing skills, just steal from them and you will get all the eggs you need.

The egg by the river will come back as well, but this is much faster.

The Scroll of Trickery will regenerate, I sucessfully made two characters Bards and they both got the scroll. Unfortunately, I had them both take the quest simoutaneously, but only one scroll was there. I had to have one take it to the guild, then went back and got another.

BTW, Bards are great characters for getting skills like Trickery and Fiend spells, not to mention getting the music trait (which you can only level up when you are a Bard, for some reason).

Good luck!

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 08:28 AM   #9
Odin von Kassel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hellooouuu Warmskin!
Tnx Wyv, Xignal, skywalker and tnx Scronan. I found the eggs in the normal way. The problem was that I thought they are AFTER the cave, near Ishad N'ha.

------------------
Work is 4 the machines.