Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2004, 01:03 AM   #111
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I discovered today that $100 does not go far when you go on a shopping spree at Disney Land [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Oh, and is it Well who is coming over here to SoCal this summer? I remember you saying you were worried about the air quality and how it would affect your son's asthma. Well, it was a beatuiful crystal clear day there today, so I wouldn't be concerned
Old 05-27-2004, 01:10 AM   #112
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
Oh, and is it Well who is coming over here to SoCal this summer? I remember you saying you were worried about the air quality and how it would affect your son's asthma. Well, it was a beatuiful crystal clear day there today, so I wouldn't be concerned
She's lying! LA had the brownest horizon I'd ever seen in my life! [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2004, 01:24 AM   #113
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

why is it, no matter how sleepy and tired I am, I can not fall asleep? I have been up since 6:30 this morning, and have not been to sleep again yet :/ I need to think of soemthing to help me go to sleep, did not want to lie there and wake my husband up by tossing and turning while he slept, he has to be at work in 4 hours, I was doing fine as long as I took sleeping aids, like unisom or somenex, but am out of that, and can not get anymore
Old 05-27-2004, 01:58 AM   #114
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Here's a puzzling situation. I've got this email in hotmail says it's from postmaster@mail.hotmail.com (least I think that's what it is, it only has postmaster@mail.hotm... in the from box. The subject reads Delivery status notification (Delay) It's 3KB in size and has an attachment. I think it's hotmails auto emailer telling me an email couldn't be delivered, but I'm not sure since I've never recieved anything like it. Can anyone confirm it?

[Add] Hehehe, it was a notification that an email I sent was delayed. Silly me. Must have been one of my more dense moments.
[end Add]

Stormy, sounds like you may have developed a slight dependency on the sleep aids. You may want to avoid them for good while.

[ 05-27-2004, 02:40 AM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 05-27-2004, 02:41 AM   #115
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
She's lying! LA had the brownest horizon I'd ever seen in my life! [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Disneyland isn't IN Los Angeles...it's NEAR Los Angeles...Seeing as it is *I* who lives in SoCal and not you, sheep boy, I think my words hold more sway
Old 05-27-2004, 02:51 AM   #116
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Disneyland isn't IN Los Angeles...it's NEAR Los Angeles...Seeing as it is *I* who lives in SoCal and not you, sheep boy, I think my words hold more sway
Bah! Anaheim then! Big, flat, dry, brown, smoggy wasteland.... it's all the same! You're welcome to your 'sway', Valley Girl! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'll head back to my luscious, green, spacious, paradise now [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 05-27-2004, 02:54 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 05-27-2004, 09:25 AM   #117
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Cool Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:

Stormy, sounds like you may have developed a slight dependency on the sleep aids. You may want to avoid them for good while.
actually, I have always been like this, my entire life has been filled with days and nights with no sleep, I used to go up to 3 days before falling asleep, my doctor had put me on a sleeping pill, but have not seen him in a long time, so I try the store bought ones, I am a huge insomniac
Old 05-27-2004, 09:54 AM   #118
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Reminds me of a posting at the student union back when I was at Uni...

"(campus life coordinator): Congratulations on getting the great deal on pimientos! Do you think we could try *not* adding them to everything in the cafeteria for a day or two, though?"

If you want to make your coworker nervous, head over to the library and get a book on Origami. Tell her that this seems like the ideal time to learn...
HAHAHAHAHA! Good story, Bungleau! I remember our cafeterias doing similar things. Every dish had tuna or something in it for a week.

ROTFL! I like the Origami idea...hehe! Right now we're trying to figure out where to store it all. We have a year's supply now!
Old 05-27-2004, 11:16 AM   #119
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
I discovered today that $100 does not go far when you go on a shopping spree at Disney Land [img]tongue.gif[/img]

LOL at Herio and L-blue

Yes Lady blue the wellard family is going on a big holiday for 6 weeks in oct/nov but no longer via the USA. Though I do want to see so much of your country and the people, the fact is from next month visitors to your country from Australia are going to be fingerprinted and have the picture taken and placed on a permanent databank. I'm sorry to be political in the cafe but I will spend my money instead in a country that welcomes me and my family not treat them as criminals. For Australians to be subjected to this after our long history of standing side by side in Korea, Vietnam, Afghan and Iraq (1&2) annoys the hell out of me. I could go on but I wont

We are going instead to Singapore and Malaysia for about ten days before carrying on up to Europe to see family and some old friends

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 05-27-2004, 11:58 AM   #120
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I hate to say this wellard, but I agree with you on this one, but also know the reasons why it is being done, there have been more threats here, and even some here in little rock, I am a little worried, because there is this big event coming up, and they are predicting there to be close to a half a million people showing up this weekend, it is having to be put on in 2 different cities, on either side of the river, I would like to go, since there is going to be alot of concerts going on, but not sure since there was also some people arrested here recently with bombing materials in their car if there is going to be any trouble, I think that will be when it happens here, anyway, sorry you will not be coming to the US, but have fun anyway [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-27-2004, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]