Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2004, 01:05 AM   #1
spydar

Light Bulb

so I just got back from a 3 day snowboarding trip with some friends. we went to Lake Louise and Nakiska (2 ski hills near calgary). and after only a day and a half...I can carve!!!! yay!!! boarding is so much fun! except for the subsequent pain in every muscle and joint on my body...ouch. and other than for loosing my bank card at the hill (on the first day), all went pretty well. we completely lucked out with the weather, was hovering around 0 celsius the whole time.

but how many of you have tried boarding? or are you ski bunnies?
Old 02-20-2004, 01:12 AM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I've snowboarded before. It's really fun, but I'm definately better at skiing.
Did you manage to find your bank card? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Old 02-20-2004, 01:38 AM   #3
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I've been boarding near...5 years now? Just about I think. One of my passions (points at sig quote)in life after flying and horse riding.

I'm expert. No really, I can do double diamonds and all that good stuff . Theres a few pics of me boarding at the local mountain on Stealthy's, page 40 or so.

Matter of fact, just finished packing for a 3 day trip to Vail, Colorado [img]smile.gif[/img]

Acheyness is to be expected when you first start, lol. Good on you for carving after the first day though! I was a pretty good skier before I started boarding and it was hard for me to switch...took about a year for me to learn it right, and after all these years I still work on form and technique. It's great, wish I had the $$ to do it everyday!
Old 02-20-2004, 01:44 AM   #4
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
It's great, wish I had the $$ to do it everyday!
At least you get to do it at all some of us are too poor to afford to even do it at all anymore
Old 02-20-2004, 01:48 AM   #5
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
quote:
It's great, wish I had the $$ to do it everyday!
At least you get to do it at all some of us are too poor to afford to even do it at all anymore [/QUOTE]And those 'some' have good reasons for being poor [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 02:02 AM   #6
spydar

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
I've snowboarded before. It's really fun, but I'm definately better at skiing.
Did you manage to find your bank card? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
no I lost my bank card permanently....fell between the floorboards when I was buying my lift ticket. Atleast I had my visa tho, and it coulda been worse, my friend lost his car and house keys on the hill after a huge wipe-out (we think somewhere on the half-pipe, he's much better than I am).

and I think that a snowboard is definitely going on my birthday list. my fellow beginners (2 of my girl friends) and I were mainly on greens and blues. except we got talked into going to the top by the 2 guys we went with...ya, that ended badly. we got separated from 2 of them, it was super windy, and cold, and we were sooo tired. we let the boys go off on their own after that [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 10:52 AM   #7
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Word of advice....get boarding pants that have zipper pockets, put your stuff in the pocket, and ZIP the pockets
Old 02-20-2004, 11:32 AM   #8
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

True words of wisdom from LB, I wonder if she learnt from experience. Ever lost your make-up bag on the slopes, LB? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 02-20-2004, 07:53 PM   #9
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by spydar:
so I just got back from a 3 day snowboarding trip with some friends. we went to Lake Louise and Nakiska (2 ski hills near calgary). and after only a day and a half...I can carve!!!! yay!!! boarding is so much fun! except for the subsequent pain in every muscle and joint on my body...ouch. and other than for loosing my bank card at the hill (on the first day), all went pretty well. we completely lucked out with the weather, was hovering around 0 celsius the whole time.

but how many of you have tried boarding? or are you ski bunnies?
Well, your doing better than me! 10 outings to Rabbit Hill(Edmonton Ski Hill), I still can't turn
Old 02-20-2004, 10:37 PM   #10
spydar

Quote:
Word of advice....get boarding pants that have zipper pockets, put your stuff in the pocket, and ZIP the pockets
I dropped it on it's way to my zipper pocket. and regardless, if you fall enough (which I did) your zipped pockets can come open. thats what we figure happened to my friend's keys.