Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2003, 04:47 PM   #1
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

I have been watching some of the news and stuff, and anti war protests keeping standing out to me. Mainly there big banners that say NO BLOOD FOR OIL. Is it the protesters that are confused about the war, its not about oil. Or does oil have some part to play in it and that i just didn't notice. I thought our objecitve was to change the regime (sorry don't know how to spell it) and make a stable goverment and free the Iraqi people from an oppressive goverment.

And one other thing just might be isolated cases but why are anti war protesters always violent and attacking the police. If there for peace shouldn't they show it by not being violent??

(hopefully you will understand what i mean in all this jumble not the best with writing)
Old 04-09-2003, 04:51 PM   #2
Grojlach
Zartan

Wrong forum... Check the America at War - War with Iraq forum instead.
As for the rest of your points, I don't even know where to start... But the subject has been beaten to death already over the past few weeks, so just have a look in the above forum for similar discussions.

[ 04-09-2003, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 04-09-2003, 04:52 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

Dunno much about the oil aspect, but iraq isnt the only source of oil anyway. Didnt I hear something about Iraq not actualy having much of it itself? Anyway, I doubt oil is much of a factor.

The violence of the anti-war campaingers is probably exagerated, after all the media shows the more sensational happening.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:02 PM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
Dunno much about the oil aspect, but iraq isnt the only source of oil anyway. Didnt I hear something about Iraq not actualy having much of it itself? Anyway, I doubt oil is much of a factor.

The violence of the anti-war campaingers is probably exagerated, after all the media shows the more sensational happening.
Iraq holds about 15-20% of the world's oil supplies. The US buys less than 10% of its oil from Iraq.

Just stating facts. For an analysis of these issues, go to the WAR FORUM.

This thread will likely get locked soon.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:06 PM   #5
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

well my bad for putting it here. Haven't been on iw for along time so i didn't know but w/e
Old 04-09-2003, 05:11 PM   #6
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:

Iraq holds about 15-20% of the world's oil supplies. The US buys less than 10% of its oil from Iraq.

Just stating facts. For an analysis of these issues, go to the WAR FORUM.

This thread will likely get locked soon.
[/QUOTE]Isn't there oil in Alaska/South America?
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 09:55 PM   #7
Sir Goulum
John Locke

There isn't nearly as much oil in Alaska than Iraq, from what my social teacher tells me
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 10:31 PM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I too see these 'no war for oil' and shake my head. These people are in their own little world. These are the types of people that don't WANT to hear the facts, and go on previous hatred of the United States or our current Goverment.

When you see them with those signs, smile. It's a joke.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 10:41 PM   #9
Mordenheim
Elminster

First we have a oil pipeline. Second Russia is looking to get big into selling oil. We could have easily geared away from the middle east and heavily sponsered Russian Oil. Third a MASSIVE amount of oil comes from Venasuala. Fourth the goverment just now finally supplied government fund's to put real effort into studying and supporting alternate forms of energy. It would be stupid to go through all this to secure a future pipeline for oil. Ten years ago? sure but not now.

and last there are so many more corruptive and easier ways to secure a oil pipeline for the future. The idea that greedy oil merchants would cut off America (and all that nice money that keeps them up) is so laughable I fell off my chair.

The oil argument is bunk. I will stop there without getting insultive (thank Lil Lil for smacking me in line)

I can think of a lot of reasons for this war (some not so honest) but oil is not one of them.
Mordenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 01:16 AM   #10
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Blind_Prophet:
I have been watching some of the news and stuff, and anti war protests keeping standing out to me. Mainly there big banners that say NO BLOOD FOR OIL. Is it the protesters that are confused about the war, its not about oil. Or does oil have some part to play in it and that i just didn't notice.
I cannot stand the "no blood for oil" bullcrap.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote