Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2001, 02:54 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

It's true. Wizardry 8 has an official release date of November 15, 2001.

This has been one of the most anticipated games since the prior release of Wizardry 7: Crusaders of the Dark Savant 10 years ago. The game is using a new 3D rendering engine, and promises to be another landmark in 1st-person view CRPG gaming.

In short...arhum...don't expect me around quite as much here after Nov 15th! Among other things (like playing the GAME) I'm probably going to largely be monitoring the Wizardry 8 board, which, if my assessment is correct, is going to take off like wildfire.

Also expect quite an influx of new members here at Ironworks, many of which have been waiting for this game to be released for several years. A revolution is coming!

For those who have never heard of the Wizardry series before, do check up on Wizardry 8. It's supposed to be a fabulous gaming experience. (Sorry, but I know that for the last time a Wizardry game was released (1991), some of our younger members were probably just out of their didies. ).

For more information on the game and its potential release (stateside and international), check the Wizardry 8 forum at:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...pics&number=15

Cheers, and blessings,

Moderator, Wizardry 8 forum

Old 10-18-2001, 03:01 PM   #2
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Is it going to be a dungen crawler view? been waiting for one like that, which is not strictly multi-player. Guess i better check the link then oops.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 10-18-2001, 03:04 PM   #3
Byronas

I will wait it a few days more!
I've been waiting it for months!

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.