Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2003, 04:28 PM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Okay, I've got the all-strongholds patch, but I'm a Mage anyway. Just finished planar sphere and took Lavok outside. Same dialogue as always - nothing new. Looted the Ring of Acuity as normal. Went back inside and the place is empty. Except for the Solamnic Knights, and they left after I spoke w/ them.

What give? Did I fail to do something? I want my stronghold.
Old 02-23-2003, 04:34 PM   #2
daan
Silver Dragon

Hmmm, the solamnic knights should be talking to you in a cut-scene type thing and then return to their little room. After that our spiffy contact Teos should be dimension dooring in ...

If this didnt happen and are all patched up, I cant think of nothing else but the fact that you chose the wrong dialogue-option. It is possible to turn down the stronghold .. are you sure you accepted it ?

No matter what,.. as I cant say -install the latest patch- .. I think its reload time [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2003, 04:43 PM   #3
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

You talk to teos as soon as you re enter the planarsphere the screen gets taken ot of your control and he talks to you.
Maybe it is because
A) you dont have a magic license
or
B) you havent talked to the coweld wizard in the governmet district that sends you out on the hunt for valgar, which means you just found him on your own or you never talked to them after catching valgar even if you were gonna keep him to get nto the planr sphere you should still talk to them first.
Old 02-23-2003, 04:49 PM   #4
daan
Silver Dragon

Both of those shouldnt be a problem though ...

The magic license isnt related in any way .. with or without Teos will appear.
Slightly different dialogue, that's all.

And its also possible to get into the planar sphere without ever even talking to the cowles in the government district.

Sorry that this doesnt help
Old 02-23-2003, 04:53 PM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Actually, I took Tolgeiras up on his offer to slay Valygar. Then I met Valygar who changed my mind, even though I'm LN (hey, this *is* RP after all), and I returned and told Tolgeiras to pound sand. He said "I'll get you for this" etc. etc.

I had to kill Tolgeiras and a buddy on my way to reactivate the Sphere and make the last jump in fact.

So, did I just choose the wrong dialogue??? I buzzed through pretty fast.
Old 02-23-2003, 04:53 PM   #6
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Yea i know its possible to get in but it might not be possible to get the strong hold quest.
Old 02-23-2003, 04:57 PM   #7
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Did u get the heart from the demon im not sure but that cold have something to do with it i never got to finish the stronghold cause my game got erased!!

It probably doesnt have anthingt do with it though.
Old 02-23-2003, 05:19 PM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I finished the Sphere. YOu can't finish without the T'anari heart, as it's needed to power up the power core. All of which I've done.
Old 02-23-2003, 05:23 PM   #9
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

yes,but im talking about finishing the stronghold quests not the sphere everyones finished that.
Old 02-23-2003, 05:24 PM   #10
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Did you loaded a savegame file, so you could check you didn't do anything wrong (like picking the wrong dialog sentence..?)

Do you have any other mods installed. (TDD,SoS,WeiDU's?)