Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2002, 09:14 AM   #11
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

Can you tell that i am finding it hard to complain about anything, Turnip?
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Old 12-23-2002, 09:34 AM   #12
Grungi
Banned User

treebeard is perfect for what treebeard is meant to be, he rarely speaks human so his accent is going to be deep like a tree and hard to understand, and the only people he has spoken with in centuries are elves or wizards both of whom can speak entish i think.

and shelob wasnt included this time round cos it wouldnt fit into the 3 hours(they had enough trouble as it was fitting the rest in), personally id have sat through 24 hours of the film [img]tongue.gif[/img] and it would have been better to end on the cliffhanger of frodo supposed dead and sam with the ring rather than on the happier ending it left us with, id like to see a dvd with all the cut bits in just one 9 hour film or something [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2002, 09:45 AM   #13
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
id like to see a dvd with all the cut bits in just one 9 hour film or something [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I think you will.

Just like they're releasing a Director's Cut DVD of each movie to include the cut scenes, I fully expect a Director's Cut Trilogy DVD boxed set after Return of the King that will push the length of the entire saga closer to 12 hours.

I base the 12 hours on the fact that the first movie was 3 hours and the Director's Cut increased the time to 3.5 hours. If the remaining two DVD Director's cuts follow that lead, we'll have 10.5 hours, and they can add somemore for the boxed set.
Old 12-23-2002, 10:08 AM   #14
Rokenn
Galvatron

Well, they could have fit Shelob in if they had not added all the silliness with Faramir taking them to Osgiliath. But it did give Sam a great double entendre when he quips "We're not even supposed to be here."

I loved the inner struggle between Smeagal and Gollum. Very well done.

I am really worried about how RotK is going to come out. There is so much ground to cover that Peter is going to be hard pressed to cover all the bases...
Old 12-23-2002, 10:15 AM   #15
Grungi
Banned User

nooooooo ronn i want 9 hours for each film [img]tongue.gif[/img] (am i a masochist? [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) that way they could fit in tombombadil, original wolf attack, some more of the history of the shire (bullroarer took etc) all that kinda thing [img]smile.gif[/img]

also what im really hoping for is a remaking of the hobbit in the same vein.
Old 12-23-2002, 10:26 AM   #16
Grungi
Banned User

oh yeah i noticed that line from sam [img]smile.gif[/img] made me have a wry smile when i heard it

but i understand the osgilliath thing insofar as he wanted to a) show frodos fraility compared to the ring and how powerful it is as well as showing sauron amassing his forces, but it was really offbook that part of it without needing to be, plus far as i remember the eastern shores arent taken until sauron begins his assault which doesnt happen till a bit lateron
Old 12-23-2002, 10:45 AM   #17
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

Yeah, I liked Tom Bombadil. (sp?) They could almost make six movies, since there are six parts in the book. (eg, Book Two, Part One) If they split em up now, each movie would be an hour and a half or just under, which would be kinda short, but they'd add a lot of stuff. Maybe six movies would be way too much though, even if they released them every half year instead of every year.
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.
Old 12-23-2002, 11:08 AM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I loved the scenes with the Ents! I really thought they did a great job with the look and sound of them! I wish they'd had more scenes in many places...can't wait to see the extended versions!

I was especially happy to see that they let Eowyn not look like a hollywood starlet. Often they do that in the movies- everyone has to look great and be made up to the nines...with hair in place and never look mussed. The makeup crews here did a fantastic job!
Old 12-23-2002, 11:09 AM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
Well, they could have fit Shelob in if they had not added all the silliness with Faramir taking them to Osgiliath. But it did give Sam a great double entendre when he quips "We're not even supposed to be here."

I loved the inner struggle between Smeagal and Gollum. Very well done.

I am really worried about how RotK is going to come out. There is so much ground to cover that Peter is going to be hard pressed to cover all the bases...
Yes, I wondered about it, but I guess they needed to do that for some obscure artistic reason? LOL I thought the original, in the woods was pretty intriguing- can't think why they took them to the city.
Old 12-23-2002, 11:13 AM   #20
Grungi
Banned User

eowyn was very very well cast i must admit, in fact most of the characters have been cast superbly, viggo mortenson id never have picked for aragorn, but he fits the part perfectly, the only one who wasnt quite there was wormtongue who is meant to be a little less large [img]tongue.gif[/img] though the acting of him was very good, physically he should be shorter, slimmer and more slimey, but thats the beauty of this film thats the best critiscims i can come up with [img]smile.gif[/img] its just all round superb, the scope of it just keeps hitting you in all the landscape pans thats for sure.

and you gotta remember that this isnt a hollywood picture as such, peter jackson stamped his mark on it and repeatedly refused the normal hollywood expectations, he made certain it was a good adaption of the book in his vision of it, and i think hes done a great job, also the whole changing the title crud of the two towers, he just said no chance. Not once did he let the production types, marketing people etc make him do anything he didnt want to, i got so much respect for that attitude. I think if he had of given in to what was wanted it would have been a very different and much poorer film.