Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2002, 08:02 PM   #31
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

[quote]Originally posted by Melusine:
Quote:
Not only verbally... I was hoping for the last month or so that you'd notice the embarrassment yourself, but *sigh* I'll have to be a pedant again.
If you're going to quote someone, at least try to spell the name correctly, as well as the quote itself. ESPECIALLY when quoting Oscar Wilde... [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Pleurisding is intranslatable... well I can translate it but you can't really get the connotations and tone if you're not a native speaker of Dutch. We tend to use nasty diseases as swearwords, surely you have hear of pleurisy? So, pleurisding = pleurisy-thing.
Lol! Quite apt as Pleurisy feels like someone stabbing you in the chest, over and over, 24 hours a day, for a few weeks...

My wife stuck Freddie Prinze Jr and "You go girl!" stickers to mine a while back so I tend to see it as an impetulant teen.

My Polluter is the favorite though...
Old 08-27-2002, 11:43 PM   #32
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathbringer:
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
The only name i ever call mine is: "You stupid ****ing piece of god damn ****"

And i'm serious, it likes to freeze at random intervals for no reason [img]tongue.gif[/img]
"Hey LB, you wouldn't by any chance have a mac would you?

*edit* oops wrong colour text [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]O HELLS no, if i had a mac i would throw it out the window! Well right now its being good, cause im not playing any games, lol
Old 08-28-2002, 12:11 AM   #33
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I call mine Amber, if anyones read the Chronicals of Amber by Roger Zelazny (Corwin of Amber), if not then Amber is considered the real world, and everything else is a reflection of it, a shadow if you will, our earth, is naught but a shadow of Amber

Since my computer was the center of my universe for a very long time, it was only natural that it was called Amber.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:17 AM   #34
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Jafin:
Since there's a thread about whether your car has a name, I thought that I'd start one on whether your computer has a name. So, what is the name of your computer? I have dubbed mine "Swiftbot."

-Jafin
Since the DOS 5.0 days, I named mine 'VANN9000C' (for C: drive) or 'VANN9000D' for the D: drive.. still do it

Vann 9000 is a supervan type vehicle I designed in 1985 in one of my comic books I drew up.. and the name stuck.. silly!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 08-28-2002, 01:10 AM   #35
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

LOL Dan, how do u pronounce "VANN9000D"?
Old 08-28-2002, 04:43 AM   #36
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Not only verbally... I was hoping for the last month or so that you'd notice the embarrassment yourself, but *sigh* I'll have to be a pedant again.
If you're going to quote someone, at least try to spell the name correctly, as well as the quote itself. ESPECIALLY when quoting Oscar Wilde... [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Pleurisding is intranslatable... well I can translate it but you can't really get the connotations and tone if you're not a native speaker of Dutch. We tend to use nasty diseases as swearwords, surely you have hear of pleurisy? So, pleurisding = pleurisy-thing.
Ok, I am *very* glad that I took that line out of my sig a few days before I noticed this
And, actually I haven`t heard of pleurisy... kind of makes me wonder about just what we *are* taught down here
Old 08-28-2002, 05:10 AM   #37
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I call mine "Crimson" it`s from my old days when i played EOB II so i have called all my computers that since [img]tongue.gif[/img]
And i have a server to in a another room who i call "10CC" lol it is pop group that was wery popular in the 1975 to 1983 or something.

[ 08-28-2002, 05:14 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 08-28-2002, 05:30 AM   #38
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowhound:
When it is working well i call it "Master"
LOL It should be the other way around!
My start-up sound is just the word "Master" I think its from a Star Wars clip (Darth Vader: "In time, you will call me Master")

I used to have the whole clip play but the PC got cocky, developed an attitude and believed it was becoming my master...I had to cut the clip to put it in its place.

Old 08-28-2002, 07:21 AM   #39
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

My new PC is called "The Beast" as well. With a 120gig HD and forthcoming broadband connection I should be able to keep it well fed [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 08-28-2002, 07:33 AM   #40
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I tried to name my PC Augustous, but it objected strongly and wouldn't speak to me for a month. Then it told me that me trying to name it was yet another infringement on its personal space and that if I wanted our relationship to continue I should respect its values. Then it started wildly quoting Germaine Greer and singing "My Way".